Nubank is the leading financial technology company in Latin America and the largest independent neobank in the world, with around 20 million clients. Its first product, launched in 2014, is a no-fee credit card that is fully managed by a mobile app and used by more than 10 million customers. Almost 36 million Brazilians have requested its products. In 2017, Nubank launched its proprietary loyalty rewards program ("Nubank Rewards"), as well as a digital account that is already used by more than 12 million people. In 2019, the company began testing its personal loan product and took its first steps in international expansion, opening offices in Mexico and Argentina. To date, Nubank has raised around US$ 820 million in seven equity investment rounds from TCV, Sequoia Capital, Kaszek Ventures, Tiger Global Management, QED, Founders Fund, DST Global, Redpoint Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Dragoneer Investment Group, Thrive Capital and Tencent. Recently, Nubank was elected as the most innovative company in Latin America and ranked no. 36 on Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies ranking.
Our Engineering Team
Nubank is a tech company that provides financial services, so software engineers form the bulk of our team. We are a group of extremely passionate software engineers, with varying degrees of experience and diverse backgrounds, responsible for improving our customer’s experience within our app and developing new features and products that can impact the lives of millions of people.
We Believe In
- Good team chemistry;
- Enthusiasm in building and delivering new features and products;
- Capacity to keep learning new things while constantly improving what we are already good at;
- Collaborating efficiently to ship quality products and a great experience to our customers.
How We Work
We strive for cutting edge software development practices, which currently includes a variety of technologies such as Clojure, Kafka, Datomic. While we value candidates that are familiar with them, we are also confident that software engineers who are interested in joining Nubank will be able to learn from our team.
- Develop data-rich front-end applications with great performance, accessibility, and usability;
- Define APIs, data models, and domains;
- Build scalable microservices written mostly in Clojure while leveraging functional programming techniques;
- Building frontend solutions with ClojureScript and Fulcro;
- High throughput jobs and inter-service communication using Kafka;
- Run as much as possible of the job in Kubernetes.
You will fit well if you have
- Solid experience in designing, building and managing front-end application solutions that meet the needs of large user bases;
- Solid experience with HTML/CSS(Post-CSS or CSS-in-JS) development;
- Experience with any component-based Frontend Framework (e.g.: Angular, React and Vue);
- Experience with microservices architectural design and REST API implementation;
- Experience working in a Continuous integration/Continuous deployment environment.
A few nice to have are
- Experience developing Data-Rich Front-end Application;
- Experience using, maintaining and extending Backends-for-Frontends;
- Experience using, maintaining and extending Graph APIs;
- Familiarity with ClojureScript;
- Experience with Design System implementation;
- Experience developing accessible web applications.
- Health, dental and life insurances
- Meal allowance
- Transportation assistance
- 30 days of paid vacation
- Chance of earning equity at Nubank
- Parking partnership - discounted parking in our office
- Free bike parking with showers available
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Gympass partnership
- Extended maternity and paternity leaves
- Child care allowance
- ‘Espaço Feijão’- Private nursing and breastfeeding spaces in our buildings
- Onsite Health Center - Medical support for every Nubanker in our office
Diversity and Inclusion at Nubank
We want to have a product for every Brazilian, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of Nubanker recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nubank, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.