Tackling the complex banking system to empower people in one of the most bureaucratic markets in the world seems like a crazy idea, right? But that’s why, how, and where Nubank was born. We fight complexity through our transparent and straightforward products and experiences: a no-fee credit card, a rewards program, a lending platform, and a digital savings account. In a nutshell, we are the most innovative tech company in Latin America, and we are obsessed with building financial services and products that make our customers love us fanatically. With over 30 million customers, we are the fastest growing digital bank in the world, with offices in Brazil, Germany, Mexico, and Argentina. And it’s still only Day One for us!
Our People & Culture Team
The P&C team at Nubank is energized by change and thrives in a fast-moving environment. We contribute at both hands-on and strategic levels to promote a powerful and disruptive culture, as Nubank scales in size and continues its steep growth trajectory. We're partnering with leaders to blend strategy, guide change management, and promote projects that support Nubanks' growth challenges and lead us to become a world-class operation.
Once you are here you will:
- Process, manage and control the Payroll cycle end to end, including admissions and terminations for Mexico (possibly Colombia).
- Ensure accurate & timely compliance with regulatory deadlines (payroll taxes)
- Interact with local payroll providers in order to enhance all processes ensuring the best experience for the Nubankers.
- Monitor and maintain the employee's personal file ( vacation, sick leaves, salary changes etc).
- Support Employees on any payroll related issues, questions or concerns.
- Work on special projects with different teams ( Finance, FP&A etc)
You will be successful if you
- Has proven experience as payroll specialist or payroll manager
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices
- Very good knowledge of legislation and regulations of the field
- Proficient in Google apps and good knowledge of relevant payroll software
- Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality
- Outstanding organisational ability with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent; BSc/BA in business, accounting or relevant field is a plus
Don't speak Portuguese? Not a problem!
Prior knowledge of Portuguese is not required! Nubank's office is English-speaking, and we have employees from over 30 different countries.
- Health and life insurance
- Food card
- 15 days of paid vacation with 25% vacation bonus
- Holiday Bonus ("Aguinaldo") of 30 days of pay per year
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Extended maternity and paternity leaves
- Chance of earning equity at Nubank