Nubank is the leading financial technology company in Latin America and the largest independent neobank in the world, with more than 15 million clients. Its first product, launched in 2014, is a no-fee credit card that is fully managed by a mobile app and used by 10 million customers. Almost 36 million Brazilians have requested its products, and the company has passed the 15 million customer mark. In 2017, Nubank launched its proprietary loyalty rewards program ("Nubank Rewards"), as well as a digital account ("NuConta") that is already used by 12 million people. In 2019, the company began testing its personal loan product and took its first steps in international expansion, opening offices in Mexico and Argentina. To date, Nubank has raised around US$ 820 million in seven equity investment rounds from TCV, Sequoia Capital, Kaszek Ventures, Tiger Global Management, QED, Founders Fund, DST Global, Redpoint Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Dragoneer Investment Group, Thrive Capital and Tencent. Recently, Nubank was elected as the most innovative company in Latin America and ranked no. 36 on Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies ranking.
Our Finance Team
We are reinventing the way our customers deals with financial services. From outside, we are revolutionizing the way we deliver value to our customers. From inside, we are revolutionizing the way we organize, train, challenge and motivate ourselves to accomplish our goals.
Because we drive long-term profitability. We are at the core of Nubank's success, sustainability and longevity. We see the big picture of this fast- and ever-growing business, both in terms of numbers as well as complexity, and we try to make sense of it with finance, the language of business.
The Treasury squad is within the Finance Tribe and is responsible for managing and investing cash balances on behalf of the company, performing asset and liability management and assisting in various quantitative analysis. We strive to deliver the best risk-adjusted returns while maintaining potential financial risks within limits and driving Nubank's profitability in a sustainable manner. The challenge includes the accountability of the financial modelling routines for risk and P&L calculations, maintaining and evolving Funds Transfer Pricing model, develop and maintain asset and liability management, participate in all Treasury investment decisions and perform some ad-hoc analysis to support Nubank's financial decisions.
How we work
- Our team work as owners
- We thrive with dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented teams
- We have a dream to use data and analytics to change the world
- We are hungry and enjoy being constantly challenged to learn and do more
- We embrace the conflict of ideas and like to question the status quo
- We work hard with integrity and team first-attitude
Typical responsibilities assigned to you might be related to:
- Promote the smart-efficiency mindset throughout Nubank as a financial analyst.
- Understand and support P&L and risk calculations.
- Hedge FX and interest rate risk.
- Monitor investment policy limits and be responsible for regulatory constrains related to Treasury activities.
- Ensure Treasury’s financial models are correct and using correct information.
- Participate and assist in all Treasury investment decisions.
- Be able to build strong relationships and maintain relationship with other squads, banks and brokers.
- Be hands on, once Nubank still has a start-up mindset so lots of things must be done.
- Be bold, have the courage to do what needs to be done, challenge the status quo and take risks.
- Excel proficiency
- Strong mathematical background
- Interest/knowledge in financial market and derivatives instruments (forward, futures, swaps, etc)
- Knowledge about treasury financial models
- Experience managing P&L and Risk calculations
- Past experience in quantitative roles or financial area is a plus
- Programming skill set is a plus (Python, R, C+)
- Health, dental and life insurances
- Meal allowance
- Transportation assistance
- 30 days of paid vacation
- Chance of earning equity at Nubank
- Parking partnership - discounted parking in our office
- Free bike parking with showers available
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Gympass partnership
- Extended maternity and paternity Leaves
- Child care allowance
- ‘Espaço Feijão’- Private nursing and breastfeeding spaces in our buildings
- Onsite Health Center - Medical support for every Nubanker in our headquarter office at Capote Valente
Diversity and Inclusion at Nubank
We want to have a product for every Brazilian, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of Nubanker recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nubank, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.