Nubank is the leading financial technology company in Latin America and the largest independent neobank in the world. Its first product, launched in 2014, is a no-fee credit card that is fully managed by a mobile app and used by 10 million customers. Almost 36 million Brazilians have requested its products, and the company has passed the 15 million customer mark. In 2017, Nubank launched its proprietary loyalty rewards program ("Nubank Rewards"), as well as a digital account ("NuConta") that is already used by 12 million people. In 2019, the company began testing its personal loan product and took its first steps in international expansion, opening offices in Mexico and Argentina. To date, Nubank has raised around US$ 820 million in seven equity investment rounds from TCV, Sequoia Capital, Kaszek Ventures, Tiger Global Management, QED, Founders Fund, DST Global, Redpoint Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Dragoneer Investment Group, Thrive Capital and Tencent. Recently, Nubank was elected as the most innovative company in Latin America and ranked no. 36 on Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies ranking.
Our Finance Team
We are reinventing the way our customers deals with financial services. From outside, we are revolutionizing the way we deliver value to our customers. From inside, we are revolutionizing the way we organize, train, challenge and motivate ourselves to accomplish our goals.
Because we drive long-term profitability. We are at the core of Nubank's success, sustainability and longevity. We see the big picture of this fast- and ever-growing business, both in terms of numbers as well as complexity, and we try to make sense of it with finance, the language of business.
We are producing reliable and traceable accounting and finance information, supporting the company's growth through a robust, reliable and scalable process with a focus on data and analytics. We are responsible for bringing together all of Nubank's financial data, monitoring it, making sure that everything is accounted for in our systems. We are also in charge of all the regulatory and financial reports, cash management and financial operations for Nubank.
How We Work
- Our team work as owners
- We thrive with dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented teams
- We have a dream to use data and analytics to change the world
- We are hungry and enjoy being constantly challenged to learn and do more
- We embrace the conflict of ideas and like to question the status quo
- We work hard with integrity and team first-attitude
Typical responsibilities assigned to you might be related to:
- Ensure fixed assets are properly tagged by key stakeholders
- Make fixed assets bookings in the ledger
- Run monthly depreciation
- Explain CAPEX variation
- Make sure key CAPEX suppliers get paid
- Access accounting rules applicability to current process
- Financial academic background and experience in financial areas
- Critical sense in financial analysis
- Solid Excel skills
- Past experience with financial systems (SAP is a plus)
- Strong communicator to expose failures and process improvements
- Be able to build a strong relationship with other stakeholders
- English skills
- Competitive compensation package, including opportunity to earn equity ownership in Nubank
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Meal allowance (“vale refeição”)
Diversity and Inclusion at Nubank
We want to have a product for every Brazilian, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of Nubanker recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nubank, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.