Nubank is leading financial technology in Latin America. Using bleeding-edge technology, design and data, we fight complexity and empower people to take back control over their money. We are disrupting an outdated and bureaucratic system by building a simple, safe and 100% digital environment that addresses customers’ needs with no paperwork, bank branches or inefficient call centers.
Our headquarter is located in São Paulo, Brazil, and we are also present in Berlin, Germany with an engineering office. In 2019, we took our first steps into internationalization and opened an office in Mexico City, Mexico and Buenos Aires, Argentina. With a team of over 2,000 of the most innovative professionals in technology, Nubank is dedicated to create an inclusive, international and challenging work environment.
Product Manager, Technical for Data Infrastructure team
Scaling our product to millions of customers involves an enormous amount of work behind the scenes. Since the beginning, the Nubank product team has always prioritized “building for the long term” for our customers, a principle that extends to our horizontal (or platform) teams that build and operate Nubank’s infrastructure, which supports cross-functional teams across the company.
The success of these teams depends on our product managers driving our broader product strategy as well as the needs of multiple product teams across the organization into a coherent roadmap focused on scaling our capabilities and systems, unlocking business potential or mitigating risks. Those products involve everything from our core cloud architecture, data infrastructure, finance / controllership / risk / security platforms, testing and experimentation infrastructure, to customer service tools and other internal products. Especially for this position, we are looking for a Product Manager to work with our Data Infrastructure team in Berlin.
Nubank Berlin is a satellite engineering office dedicated to serving the horizontal engineering needs of Nubank in Brazil. Our cozy office in Berlin Mitte is centered around backend and data infrastructure focused work. Shipping of valuable features requires dealing with distributed applications, infrastructure, user-facing APIs, and production services. Our engineers commonly rotate their attention between these responsibilities. We consistently work with and explore new technologies, and thus value professionals who are very open to learning new things, regardless of preexisting comfort zones.
As a Product Manager for the Data Infrastructure team, you will seek to understand Nubank’s needs across multiple products and domains and work closely with engineers, product and program managers, analysts and data scientists across functions to create and execute on our data platform roadmap. Some of the activities you might lead or be involved in:
- Define, prioritize, and communicate short and long term product goals
- Develop a deep understanding of users and stakeholders by conducting research, data analysis, and interviews
- Specify and refine requirements—from conception to launch—of the platform, working closely with engineering (and depending on the domain, design, and analysis)
- Stay up to date on complex domains such as finance and information security, help the team understand where the company and the market is going
- Facilitate the team organization and structure
- Be an evangelist for the area, relentless communicating to stakeholders and helping the team bridge gaps in understanding between the team and the rest of the company
- Execution and a general GSD attitude to accomplish outcomes
You will be successful if you:
- Think like and empathize with stakeholders - talk to different internal customers, influence and engage diverse teams across Nubank
- Have an ownership approach to get things done - have an ownership mentality, get the best out of everyone on the team, be proactive and energetic about keeping things moving
- Communicate effectively - in different formats and to different audiences, and in particular in clearly articulating priorities and objectives in complex domains
- Think structurally / systems thinkers - seek clarity: think structurally to help teams break down problems, understand blockers and bottlenecks, and balance short and long-term priorities
- Intellectually curious / always learning and growing - improving after failing, always engaged across multiple domains and functions, prioritize learning as much as possible as early as possible for yourself and your teams
- Have humility and respect for other roles, skill sets, background and experiences, and ways of thinking and communicating
- Have experience working with data platforms - former experience as an engineer (computer science degree at a minimum or similar is preferred), additional experience as a data engineer, product manager in the data engineering domain or some related function for 5+ years is required.
- Competitive compensation package
- 28 days of vacation
- Flexible working arrangements
- A modern technology stack
- Flexibility to choose your own custom setup (computer, monitors, OS etc.)
- Relocation support
- Company events
- Wellness and learning benefit
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to build products and experiences for everyone who wants to take back control over their finances, that's why we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of our team recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nu, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.