About Nubank & the Position
Nubank is a leading financial technology company in Latin America. With a head office located in São Paulo city in Brazil, the company took its first steps in international expansion this year, opening offices in Mexico and Argentina. Today, Nubank has offices in Mexico City, Buenos Aires, and Berlin - where it keeps a tech hub.
We are now seeking a self-driven, results-oriented and enthusiastic senior PR professional to support our public relations efforts in the U.S. We look for a professional well-connect with reporters who cover startups and tech companies in the country. Someone who has a track record of delivering successful PR projects as an individual contributor
As the PR Manager for the United States, you will be responsible for strengthening abroad the reputation of one of the most loved Brazilian brands. You will be encouraged to design and execute a local public relations strategy to increase and provoke Nubank's favorable media coverage in the U.S.
The PR Manager for the United States will report to our Head of Communications at the headquarters in Sao Paulo. The position demands frequent international trips. In this position, we expect exceptional time management and communication skills.
- Strategic media relations: pitching traditional and non-traditional media, developing relationships and uncovering new contacts/outlets
- Conducting proactive and reactive media relations
- Draft press materials (pitch letters, advisories, releases, messaging, etc.)
- Brainstorming strategic PR stunts and campaigns
- Help identify partnership opportunities that can add value to the overall company's PR strategy
- Manage speaking opportunities
- Close collaboration with PR colleagues globally
- Previous experience in PR in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism or communications.
- Advanced or graduate program preferred.
- Previous PR experience (agency or corporate), preferably in fast-paced, high-growth environments
- Media relations in tech are essential and financial services experience is a plus.
- Excellent organisation, communication, writing and presentation skills
- Ability to self-manage and work independently
- Availability to travel abroad
- Competitive compensation package, including opportunity to earn equity ownership in Nubank
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Meal allowance (“vale refeição”)
- Flexibility to choose your own custom setup (computer, monitors, OS etc.)
Diversity and Inclusion at Nubank
We want to have a product for every Brazilian, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of Nubanker recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nubank, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.