Business Developer, Mexico
Nubank is the leading financial technology company in Latin America. Its first product, launched in 2014, is a no-fee credit card that is fully managed by a mobile app. Almost 30 million people have requested the product since launch, and the company has passed the 10 million customer mark. In 2017, Nubank launched its proprietary loyalty rewards program ("Nubank Rewards"), as well as a digital account ("NuConta") that is already used by 7 million people. This year, the company began testing its personal loan service and took its first steps in international expansion, opening offices in Mexico and Argentina. To date, Nubank has raised around US$ 420 million in seven equity investment rounds from Sequoia Capital, Kaszek Ventures, Tiger Global Management, QED, Founders Fund, DST Global, Redpoint Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Dragoneer Investment Group, Thrive Capital and Tencent. Recently, Nubank was elected as the most innovative company in Latin America and ranked no. 36 on Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies ranking.
Our Business Development Chapter
The Business Development Team has a very special role in our mission: study and supports strategic business decisions; prospect and develops new product opportunities; prospect, develop and close strategic partnerships that contribute to our mission of fighting complexity and empowering people to take control of their finances. We are currently looking for Business Developers to join our Mexico City Office who can help us solve our ambitious challenges.
We believe in
- Entrepreneurship spirit;
- Exceptional team chemistry;
- Enthusiasm for building partnerships and identifying market and product opportunities
- Capacity to keep learning new things while constantly improving what we are already good at;
- Collaborating efficiently to ship a great product experience to our customers.
- Ability to tackle complex problems involving several topics/variables, such as business, regulatory, finance and product;
- Experience delivering partnerships from inception to delivery preferred but not required;
- Ability to work and lead through influence multidisciplinary teams (product, software engineering, data science, analysts and customer service);
- Great business judgment and ability (and interest) to make, both, strategic and operational decisions;
- Self-starter and ability to work independently;
- Hands-on and willing to get hands dirty on execution;
- Great team player, communication (written and verbal) and listening skills;
- Solid analytical background. Must be comfortable manipulating data to make decisions;
- Curiosity and willingness to learn;
- Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative field such as Business, Engineering, Math, and Economics;
- Programming is not required but candidates need to display interest in learning basic data analysis skills (SQL, Python);
- Fluency in both English and Spanish;
- The position is based out of Mexico City, Mexico
- 15 days paid vacations per year.
- 1 month year end bonus (aguinaldo).
- Food allowance (vales de despensa).
- Life insurance.
- Health insurance.
Diversity and Inclusion at Nu
We want to build products and experiences for everyone who wants to take back control over their finances, that's why we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of our team recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nu, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.