We are open to candidates based +/- 3 hours PT
MetaLab ships products loved by billions of people. These products shape the way we work, live, and play. We're willing to bet you use multiple products we've had a hand in. We need your help crafting the next.
As a Senior Strategy Director, you’ll be a key leader in helping evolve MetaLab’s product strategy craft and capabilities. You’ll operate as a key contributor, leading and executing our most complex or specialized tracks of work, while developing the skill sets of those around you through mentorship and on-project coaching. You’ll work to establish a shared product vision and strategy for our clients and subsequently translate that vision into a clear path forward for delivery. You’ll balance multiple priorities - finding yourself defining a product vision and strategy on one project, enabling a client and our design and development teams to launch an impactful MVP launch on another, while also having responsibility for business and practice development. On any given day, you’re able to step up and lead or step back and evaluate how to best support your team.
As a member of a cross-disciplinary leadership team, you will utilize your expertise to provide thought leadership and hands-on support to enable the creation of differentiated and valuable products. Your role will be critical to helping the team navigate complex environments, gaining buy-in on product direction from stakeholders of all levels and backgrounds, and shaping new opportunities for MetaLab.
- Leading and facilitating conversations with client executives (CEO, Chief Design Officer, VP of Product etc) of large enterprises in understanding company direction, business needs and product trajectories
- Managing large accounts in complex environments that require an empathetic approach to deconflicting stakeholder needs and aligning our business to deliver value
- Partnering with business development to pitch new engagements and help steer our go-to-market strategy for our offerings
- Based on your understanding of a client’s business, market trends, user needs, and technical constraints, you will lead the shaping of product visions and strategies in partnership with project leads through the formulation and clear articulation of:
- Areas of opportunity and recommend areas of focus
- Product outcomes, objectives, and key metrics
- Product market fit
- Product features and capabilities
- Product roadmaps and delivery approaches rooted in the strategy
- Build and maintain productive relationships with client stakeholders of all levels and internal project teams, setting direction for the team and keeping everyone laser-focused on solving the right problem at the right time through an outcome-driven approach to product definition, prioritization, and delivery
- Develop clear points of view on relevant topics that inform strategy development, clients’ thinking and thought leadership
- Support product delivery, partnering with product management and delivery teams to gain alignment on and utilize a variety of product development methodologies as needed.
- Roll up your sleeves, get in the work, and provide guidance to several project teams simultaneously
- Serve on the leadership team for accounts and contribute to pitching and scoping of new engagements
- Travel to client sites on an as-needed basis
The must-have short list:
- Experience at a digital product agency or consultancy shaping and shipping multiple concurrent products in enterprise environments
- Managing and growing an account portfolio of $10-15M+
- Experience with growing a product strategy team and defining the go to market strategy for the product strategy practice in an agency environment
- Experience owning and contributing to business development pitches, proposals and RFP responses
- Experience with growth, monetization, and go-to-market strategy creation
- Ability to grow key accounts
- Demonstrated experience partnering with and persuading client leadership of all levels utilizing all modes of communication (narrative, visual, workshopping, etc.)
- Expertise in generating insights and POVs based on market trends, quantitative and qualitative business data, and user research
- Ability to quickly understand, simplify, internalize, and communicate complex or technical concepts
- Equal passion for both shaping and shipping products - you’re prepared to get the job done, wherever the team is in the process
- Experience leading and working with cross-functional teams in design, engineering, research, and brand
- Comfortable implementing new processes and assessing where to provide the most value on a project by project basis
- Experience in account management and growth, new business development, pitching and scope creation
- Experience managing and mentoring team members who do not directly report to you
Equal opportunity employer
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply for a job when they meet every single criteria. Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box? Reach out anyways! We’re an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life. We hire based on talent, and we’re proud of our global perspective.