We are open to remote candidates located within CST to BRT time zones.

At Metalab, we design, build, and ship some of the world’s most beloved products. Founders at early-stage startups hire us to help build businesses from scratch. Leaders at global enterprises hire us to explore new technologies and launch new products. 

Our Engineering Leads are involved in projects from the very start—developing the product vision, defining the roadmap, and setting our engineers up for success. To thrive in this role, you should be comfortable working directly with clients, enjoy working with designers, and exercise good judgment in technical decisions. As a Lead, you’ll also mentor other developers and help us evolve our processes. 

If you’re passionate about building high-quality products and working with talented cross-functional teams, then this could be the perfect role for you. Come join us and be part of delivering some of the world’s most interesting and impactful products and services.

What you’ll do

• Oversee all engineering activities throughout any given project, making technical decisions, keeping the team unblocked, and jumping into the code alongside your fellow engineers as needed
  • Lead client presentations and conversations about technical strategy, team health, and delivery milestones like sprint-based demos and ongoing releases
  • Collaborate with Product Managers, Client Partners, and Design Leads to plan and deliver our projects on time and to Metalab’s quality standards
  • Coach and mentor other members of the technology team 
  • Foster an open, collaborative, and inclusive environment where our teams are empowered to do their best work
  • Help grow the Engineering team by participating in hiring interviews and regular code reviews, making suggestions for improvements to process and standards
  • Identify the department’s opportunities for growth and help develop side initiatives that enrich Metalab’s engineering practices

Requirements

• 6+ years of Full Stack experience with expertise in Node.js and/or Python 
  • 1+ years in a Lead role, ideally in an agency setting
  • You care about people and are motivated to help your team members achieve success on projects and grow within their careers
  • You can communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences and are comfortable leading presentations of work frequently
  • You can design and communicate strong technical solutions that our internal and client teams understand and want to work on and understand how to achieve compromise on business trade-offs and technical decisions
  • You have experience building full-stack applications across both the frontend and service layer using modern Typescript frameworks (ie. React, React Native, Nest)
  • You have experience creating both REST and GraphQL APIs that enable client applications to persist, process, and retrieve data from various types of databases (ie. PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB)
  • You’re adaptable and quick to embrace unexpected changes in direction
  • You appreciate design and can protect its integrity without compromising fidelity or feasibility
  • You’re motivated by feedback and by the opportunity to improve in your role, in the work, and in how you work together as a team

Nice to haves 

• Experience using ML models and AI services to power real-live products (ie. Google Cloud AI, Azure AI, AWS AI or Bedrock, GPT, Dialogflow, Claude, LangChain)
  • Experience implementing ML algorithms with common frameworks in end-to-end applications (ie. TensorFlow, Synaptic, ML5.js, Spark ML)

Equal opportunity employer

Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply for a job when they meet every single criteria. Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box? Reach out anyways!  We’re an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life.  We hire based on talent, and we’re proud of our global perspective.

Apply for this Job

* Required
resume chosen  
(File types: pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf)
cover_letter chosen  
(File types: pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf)

Voluntary Demographics

At MetaLab, we hire based on raw talent and authenticity, not race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or anything else.

We conduct this voluntary demographic questionnaire to identify opportunities to promote a more inclusive hiring process.

Your response, or choice to not respond, is entirely voluntary and will not affect or be linked to your application in any way. Should you choose to respond, your responses will be used in aggregate only and remain entirely anonymous.

I identify my gender as:

I identify as transgender:

I identify my sexual orientation as:

Candidates within North America ONLY (leave blank if outside North America): I identify my ethnic origin as (mark all that apply):

Candidates outside North America ONLY (leave blank if within North America): I identify my ethnic origin as (mark all that apply):

I have a disability or impairment (check all that apply):

Please reach out to our support team via our help center.
Please complete the reCAPTCHA above.