We are open to remote candidates located within CST to BRT time zones.

At Metalab, we design pretty exciting products, but the building is where you come in. Our technology team needs your help in conceiving new ideas with technology and bringing our products across the finish line for our clients to enjoy in the wild. To thrive in this role, you’ll provide technical support and guidance on projects, tackle new skills, and show up ready for anything.  You collaborate with our design and product teams to find relatable, new ways to use technology, helping others work within technical limits, and building products that improve people’s lives. Your team is important to you, and you take pride in helping build and guide junior and intermediate developers to grow into leaders.

The magic happens when you combine thoughtful collaboration, strong processes, and the freedom for people to be themselves. When you’re comfortable being yourself, you do your best work and inspire others to do the same.

What you’ll do

• Collaborate with our talented design and product teams to ideate, concept, and develop new products 
  • Lead and guide technical teams on the front or back end (ideally both) including technical architecture
  • Provide a strong point-of-view on various technologies and tech ecosystems
  • Build prototypes and technical proof of concepts early with design to help clients envision their future product experience
  • Deliver complex features without being given much detail, design, or specification 
  • Provide feedback on designs for completeness, implementation effort, and feasibility
  • Review project team members' code submissions to match the needs of the project (in terms of quality, correctness, consistency, performance, etc)
  • Participate in shares with the client stakeholders on project progress
  • Be a trusted advisor to client design, product, and engineering teams, helping them surmount obstacles and deliver amazing products 
  • Support the department by sharing technical knowledge you learn with other project teams
  • Identify when your project team members are stuck on a technical challenge and offer support
  • Continually look for ways to improve workflows within projects for themselves and other developers

Requirements

• 6+ years of Full Stack experience with expertise in Node.js and/or Python
  • Appreciation of design and can protect its complexity without compromising fidelity
  • Responds positively and can help the team adapt to changing priorities within projects
  • Organized, self-motivated, and comfortable advocating for yourself and the work  
  • You can communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences and are comfortable leading presentations of work frequently
  • You can design and communicate strong technical solutions that our internal and client teams understand and want to work on and understand how to achieve compromise on business trade-offs and technical decisions
  • You have experience building full-stack applications across both the frontend and service layer using modern Typescript frameworks (ie. React, React Native, Nest)
  • You have experience creating both REST and GraphQL APIs that enable client applications to persist, process, and retrieve data from various types of databases (ie. PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB)
  • You’re adaptable and quick to embrace unexpected changes in direction
  • You appreciate design and can protect its integrity without compromising fidelity or feasibility
  • You’re motivated by feedback and by the opportunity to improve in your role, in the work, and in how you work together as a team

Nice to haves

• Experience using ML models and AI services to power real-live products (ie. Google Cloud AI, Azure AI, AWS AI or Bedrock, GPT, Dialogflow, Claude, LangChain)
  • Experience implementing ML algorithms with common frameworks in end-to-end applications (ie. TensorFlow, Synaptic, ML5.js, Spark ML)
  • Experience in an agency setting

Equal opportunity employer

Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply for a job when they meet every single criteria. Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box? Reach out anyways!  We’re an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life.  We hire based on talent, and we’re proud of our global perspective.

Apply for this Job

* Required
resume chosen  
(File types: pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf)
cover_letter chosen  
(File types: pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf)

Voluntary Demographics

At MetaLab, we hire based on raw talent and authenticity, not race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or anything else.

We conduct this voluntary demographic questionnaire to identify opportunities to promote a more inclusive hiring process.

Your response, or choice to not respond, is entirely voluntary and will not affect or be linked to your application in any way. Should you choose to respond, your responses will be used in aggregate only and remain entirely anonymous.

I identify my gender as:

I identify as transgender:

I identify my sexual orientation as:

Candidates within North America ONLY (leave blank if outside North America): I identify my ethnic origin as (mark all that apply):

Candidates outside North America ONLY (leave blank if within North America): I identify my ethnic origin as (mark all that apply):

I have a disability or impairment (check all that apply):

Our system has flagged this application as potentially being associated with bot traffic. Please turn off any VPNs, clear your browser cache and cookies, or try submitting your application in a different browser. If this issue persists, please reach out to our support team via our help center.
Please complete the reCAPTCHA above.