We’re open to remote candidates located within PST to EST.
At MetaLab, we design pretty exciting products, but the building is where you come in. Our technology team needs your help in concepting new ideas with technology and bringing our products across the finish line for our clients to enjoy in the wild. To thrive in this role, you’ll provide technical support and guidance on projects, tackle new skills, and show up ready for anything. You collaborate with our design and product teams to find relatable, new ways to use technology, helping others work within technical limits, and building products that improve people’s lives. Your team is important to you, and you take pride in helping build and guide junior and intermediate developers grow into leaders.
We believe the magic happens when you combine thoughtful collaboration, strong processes, and the freedom for people to be themselves. When you’re comfortable being yourself, you do your best work and inspire others to do the same.
Sound like you? Read on.
- Collaborates with our talented design and product teams to ideate, concept, and develop new products
- Leads and guides technical teams on either the front or back end (ideally both) including technical architecture.
- Provides a strong point-of-view on various technologies and tech ecosystems
- Builds prototypes and technical proof of concepts early with design to help clients envision their future product experience
- Delivers complex features without being given much detail, design, or specification
- Provides feedback on designs for completeness, implementation effort and feasibility
- Reviews project team members' code submissions to match the needs of the project (in terms of quality, correctness, consistency, performance, etc)
- Participates in shares with the client stakeholders on project progress
- Is a trusted advisor to client design, product and engineering teams, helping them surmount obstacles and deliver amazing products
- Supports department by sharing technical knowledge you learn with other project teams
- Identifies when your project team members are stuck on a technical challenge and offer support
- Continually looks for ways to improve workflows within projects for themselves and other developers
The must-have shortlist
- You are comfortable in a dynamic environment
- You can articulate technical solutions to both technical and non-technical executives using both oral and written communications
- Experience with Front End using React/Redux with ES6+
- Back End production applications using JSON REST API methodology and ideally one of these languages: Node, Rails, Java, Go, Python
- You are always learning and invested in keeping up to date with advances in technology
- 5+ years of Full Stack experience, in an agency setting is a bonus
- Appreciation of design and can protect its complexity without compromising fidelity
- Responds positively and is able to help the team adapt to changing priorities within projects
- Organized, self-motivated, and comfortable advocating for yourself and the work
- Strong experience with Front End production applications and with Back End production applications
- Knowledge of architecting an application and understanding how business trade offs impact technical choices, and vice versa
Equal opportunity employer
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply for a job when they meet every single criteria. Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box? Reach out anyways! We’re an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life. We hire based on talent, and we’re proud of our global perspective.