We are open to remote candidates
At MetaLab, we build products worth talking about. We’re looking to add a Senior Designer to our marketing team to create awe-inspiring portfolio showcases that will start the conversation.
As a senior designer dedicated and focused on MetaLab marketing initiatives, you’ll own MetaLab’s creative strategy and visual identity, collaborating with our client, marketing, and brand teams to craft case studies, showreels, landing pages, and social assets that show off our work, and talent, to drive new business.
You’re someone with a passion for visual design, and sweat the details to elevate the quality of everything you put out into the world. You understand both brand and product strategy and expertly leverage visual storytelling to translate product flows into compelling narratives. Motion and visual design chops are well within your wheelhouse and you feel comfortable experimenting with new skill sets such as 3D and other non-code tools.
This role will report directly to marketing but will be deeply connected to our wider design team with opportunities for mentorship and L&D.
- Own the creative strategy and visual direction of anything MetaLab shares with the world, coming up with new and innovative ways for us to share our stories about the impact we create for our clients
- Work with marketing and client teams to craft marketing assets that share our product thinking, design and strategic expertise
- Ensure the quality and consistency of the MetaLab brand across all marketing collateral
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand the project’s vision and impact and translate it into visually stunning, thoughtful, story driven, public facing design showcases
- Ensure every piece of content we put into the world meets our high quality bar and is reflective of MetaLab’s craft and expertise
- Stay up-to-date on the latest design trends and techniques to ensure that our work is innovative and engaging
The must-have shortlist
- 5+ years of visual design experience with an understanding of product and UX
- Proven ability to craft quality assets that leverage visual storytelling to capture the attention of a target audience
- Strong interaction design skills (think After Effects, Principle, or Framer)
- A mastery of Figma and other prototyping tools
- A portfolio that reflects your strengths in visual and interaction design. Bonus points for an understanding of UX/UI and creative copy skills
- Driven to stay ahead of desktop and mobile best practices, developments and trends in web and mobile design
- Able to clearly communicate compelling design rationales to internal stakeholders
- Comfortable with ambiguity and internal briefs that lead to more questions than answers
- Motivated by feedback, and by the opportunity to improve in your role, in the work, and in how you work together as a team
While this role can be filled in a variety of global regions, as an organization headquartered in BC, Canada we are required to include the pay range for this role if it were to be filled in BC. This range may be higher or lower depending on the candidate's region and market conditions, when outside of BC.
Expected Pay Range: CAD $120,000 - $140,000
Equal opportunity employer
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply for a job when they meet every single criteria. Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box? Reach out anyways! We’re an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life. We hire based on talent, and we’re proud of our global perspective.