We are open to remote candidates located within PST to EST time zones.

Metalab is a design and development agency that builds products worth talking about. Companies ready to change the world come to us to create digital experiences that improve the way people live, work, and play. Our home base is British Columbia, but we work from everywhere.

We’re looking for a Marketing Coordinator to join our team to amplify our brand presence by maintaining a consistent stream of quality written and video content across multiple channels. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, you’ll be responsible for driving our editorial calendar. This role is critical in maintaining Metalab’s reputation as a best-in-class agency to keep exciting work coming in the door.

In your day-to-day activities, you’ll coordinate and schedule cross-platform content showcasing our work, expertise, and culture. You’ll leverage your eye for quality content to surface post-worthy shares in our public Slack channels and build relationships with our project teams to uncover bite-size takeaways that you will craft into compelling on-brand captions. You’ll also support our thought leadership campaigns by collaborating with industry partners to secure blog, podcast, and event features for our team. 

Success in this role means understanding our brand and quality bar, creating compelling content across multiple formats and platforms, and identifying new opportunities to stay ahead of the curve and connect with our audiences. 

What you’ll do:

• Manage the social media calendar for platforms including Linkedin, Twitter (X), Instagram and Dribbble
  • Be actively involved within design communities such as Savee and Read.cv
  • Keep our social media channels engaging by curating and creating content, and actively interacting with our audience
  • Collaborate closely with project teams to source information for social media content and thought leadership initiatives.
  • Assist in the creation and publication of blogs, job postings, newsletters and event coordination efforts
  • Proactively reach out to podcasts, newsletters, events, and publications for potential partnerships to showcase Metalab's thought leadership
  • Utilize analytics tools to monitor and analyze the performance of our social media efforts, providing insights and recommendations for improvement

Requirements:

• 2-3 years of experience in a similar role
  • Proficiency in analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Data Studio, and organic social insights
  • Experience with social media management tools like Hootsuite and Later
  • Strong writing skills for crafting engaging social media captions, blogs, and other written content
  • Familiarity with content scheduling and curation across various mediums for visual, written, and video 
  • Experience working with a CRM — bonus points for Sanity

Nice to Haves:

• Previous experience working with a design-focused company or agency
  • Experience with paid social media advertising campaigns

Pay Range

While this role can be filled in a variety of global regions, as an organization headquartered in BC, Canada we are required to include the pay range for this role if it were to be filled in BC. This range may be higher or lower depending on the candidate's region and market conditions, when outside of BC. 

Expected Pay Range: CAD $55,000 - $70,000

Equal opportunity employer

Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply for a job when they meet every single criteria. Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box? Reach out anyways!  We’re an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life.  We hire based on talent, and we’re proud of our global perspective.

Equal opportunity employer

Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply for a job when they meet every single criteria. Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box? Reach out anyways!  We’re an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life.  We hire based on talent, and we’re proud of our global perspective.

Apply for this Job

* Required
resume chosen  
(File types: pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf)
cover_letter chosen  
(File types: pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf)

Voluntary Demographics

At MetaLab, we hire based on raw talent and authenticity, not race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or anything else.

We conduct this voluntary demographic questionnaire to identify opportunities to promote a more inclusive hiring process.

Your response, or choice to not respond, is entirely voluntary and will not affect or be linked to your application in any way. Should you choose to respond, your responses will be used in aggregate only and remain entirely anonymous.

I identify my gender as:

I identify as transgender:

I identify my sexual orientation as:

Candidates within North America ONLY (leave blank if outside North America): I identify my ethnic origin as (mark all that apply):

Candidates outside North America ONLY (leave blank if within North America): I identify my ethnic origin as (mark all that apply):

I have a disability or impairment (check all that apply):

Our system has flagged this application as potentially being associated with bot traffic. Please turn off any VPNs, clear your browser cache and cookies, or try submitting your application in a different browser. If this issue persists, please reach out to our support team via our help center.
Please complete the reCAPTCHA above.