Remote candidates are welcome to apply.
At MetaLab, we design pretty exciting products, but the architecting and building is where you come in. Our technology team needs your help in conceptualizing new ideas with technology and bringing our products across the finish line for our clients to enjoy in the wild. To thrive in this role, you’ll provide technical expertise and guidance on projects, tackle new skills, and show up ready for anything. You collaborate with our design and product teams to find relatable, new ways to use technology, helping others work within technical limits, and building products that improve people’s lives. Your team is important to you, and you take pride in helping build and guide junior and intermediate developers grow into leaders.
We believe the magic happens when you combine thoughtful collaboration, strong processes, and the freedom for people to be themselves. When you’re comfortable being yourself, you do your best work and inspire others to do the same.
Sound like you? Read on.
- Collaborate with our talented design and product teams to ideate, concept, and develop new products.
- Lead and guide technical teams on either the front end and back end including defining the technical architecture.
- Provide a strong point-of-view on various technologies and tech ecosystems.
- Design strong technical solutions that internal and client teams understand and want to work on.
- Architect and release applications to production to perform at scale and understand how business trade offs impact technical choices and vice versa.
- Deliver complex features without being given much detail, design, or specification.
- Provides feedback on designs for completeness, implementation effort and feasibility.
- Review project team members' code submissions to match the needs of the project (in terms of quality, correctness, consistency, performance, etc).
- Participate in shares with the client stakeholders on project progress.
- Support department by sharing technical knowledge you learn with other project teams.
- Identify when your project team members are stuck on a technical challenge and offer support.
- Continually looks for ways to improve workflows within projects for themselves and other developers.
What we’re looking for
- You’re comfortable in a dynamic environment.
- You can articulate technical solutions to both technical and non-technical executives using both oral and written communications.
- You have experience with Front End production applications ideally using React/React Native.
- You have experience with Back End production applications using JSON REST API and GraphQL methodology (ideally with one of these languages: Node (preferred), Rails, Java, Go, Python).
- You’re always learning and invested in keeping up to date with advances in technology.
- 6+ years of Full Stack experience in an agency setting is a bonus.
- You have an appreciation of design and can protect its complexity without compromising fidelity.
- You respond positively and are able to help the team adapt to changing priorities within projects.
- You’re organized, self-motivated, and comfortable advocating for yourself and the work.
- You have knowledge of architecting an application and understanding how business trade offs impact technical choices, and vice versa.
Equal opportunity employer
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply for a job when they meet every single criteria. Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box? Reach out anyways! We’re an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life. We hire based on talent, and we’re proud of our global perspective.