We are open to candidates based +/- 3 hours PT
Companies ready to change the world come to MetaLab to create products that improve lives, reshape markets, and shift culture. Creative Directors at MetaLab possess the highest level of expertise in their craft and set the bar for quality while promoting their craft through thought leadership in our industry.
Creative Director’s calendars aren't always full of meetings, but their brains are full of inspiration and advice. They geek out on systems, UI, animations, and branding and always sweat the details. They are leaders who prefer to lead by doing and can’t resist the urge to practice their craft. This looks like rolling up their sleeves and working alongside the team to unlock creativity either directly in the file or directing the team through feedback and critiques.
They possess the highest level of expertise in their craft and set the bar for quality at MetaLab while promoting their craft through thought leadership in our industry.
Your main responsibilities:
- Hands-on establishing the design direction for digital products and experiences
- Leading the strategic ideation of features and concept work
- Coaching design team members on crafting a solid design rationale
- Effectively communicating and selling through the design direction to an executive client team
- Translating a design direction to a product design system that team members can take into tracks of production work
- Experience briefing, inspiring, collaborating with the project team
- Reviewing the work of the project team to ensure all work is meeting standards of quality and innovation
- Ability to support, guide and mentor brand designers when needed
- Ensure the project team designs product solutions that are viable, feasible, desirable, and differentiated.
- Guide the overall project team's health and success in collaboration with project leads.
- Foster the growth and development of the design team by sharing your knowledge and upleveling the team on the craft side.
- Define and drive the future of design craft and execution at MetaLab.
- Elevate the design org's critique skills by sharing best practices and techniques, facilitating workshops, and providing mentorship in this area. Help educate the team at MetaLab on the best way to give and receive design feedback.
- Elevate the design org's presentation, communication, and storytelling skills by leading through example and sharing best practices and techniques, feedback, facilitating workshops, and providing mentorship in this area. Help evolve the presentation processes for MetaLab.
- Guides the team on how to think big based on a deep understanding of any product area or client industry.
- Help our design team live our values by fostering our culture of openness, collaboration, inclusiveness, craftsmanship, and excellence.
- Support Partnerships and VP Design with business development and pitches.
- Support the Marketing team to ensure the quality/alignment of public-facing materials.
- Consistently sell design value, strategy, and ideas that help elevate the design team both internally and externally in the design community.
- Collaborate and build relationships within the organization, across project teams, and outside of the organization (eg. design industry).
Equal opportunity employer
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply for a job when they meet every single criteria. Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box? Reach out anyways! We’re an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life. We hire based on talent, and we’re proud of our global perspective.