MeetElise is on a mission to revolutionize the housing industry, with the ultimate goal of making good housing more accessible.
Access to affordable housing isn’t just a problem - it’s a global crisis. An estimated seven million affordable and available rental homes are needed in just the US alone, and no amount of government spending or policy have proven to be effective solutions.
MeetElise uses machine learning to address the underlying cause preventing significant advancements in affordable housing: operational costs. By automating the leasing and management of apartment homes, we’re creating a new, low cost operating model that allows for the development of new housing at scale.
Our first product is an AI leasing agent named Elise that converts 65% more prospective renters to residents than a human leasing agent. She answers questions and schedules tours 24/7 and is so human-like that renters say they’re “here to meet Elise” when they show up for a tour.
MeetElise is well-funded by VCs, strategic real estate investors, and customers and was started by technical cofounders from MIT and the University of Cambridge.
Our small, courageous team is building the future we want to live in. A future where housing is affordable, powered by technology, and accessible to all.
About the role
Reporting to the CEO, the Head of Sales will focus on leading a team of account executives to hit company sales goals. This will be a hands-on role.
The position will be in person and based at our headquarters in New York City.
- Be the strategic partner and sales "go-to" for the CEO and other executives
- Lead process, along with the executive team, to set annual, quarterly, and monthly new sales targets. Goals should be justified based on a data-driven approach and align with the company’s long-term goals and with current resources
- Manage account executives and their pipelines on a regular basis to ensure strong visibility into consolidated pipeline and expected performance versus forecasts. Drive process to ensure that sales opportunities are maximized
- Clearly communicate with other executives to alignment on performance and forecast; collaborate with other executives to drive performance
- Design and manage internal sales processes to ensure consistent performance and that the business has data that it needs to take action
- Ensure the sales team is complying with internal processes (e.g., sales process, contracts) and completing the detailed steps without errors
- Source account executive and business development candidates and run the full cycle hiring and onboarding process (interviews, offers, new hire training, etc.) based on headcount needs
- Design compensation plans to align account executives with corporate goals
- Develop and monitor metrics to measure individual performance and quotas, including executing on PIPs
- Provide 1-on-1 mentoring and coaching for ICs and Managers, developing their tactical sales and customer service skills
- Understand and champion the team's continued professional development and career progression
- Motivate the team, create a shared vision, and build a strong sales-oriented culture that goes above and beyond for our customers
- Learn our product inside and out to be a resource to reps and customers
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of competitive landscape
Who you are
- Is empathetic and leads with positivity
- Creates an environment that top talent want to work in
- Attracts, hires, and retains top talent
- Takes a data-driven approach to setting goals, monitoring performance, and communicating with others
- Ability to learn a highly technical product and coach others
- Listens to and takes feedback from the sales team and other teams within the company, dives deep, and brings solutions
- Coaching and developing - is deliberate about setting expectations and feedback, provides growth opportunities, understands career aspirations, can facilitate peer-to-peer learning
- Empowers team to successfully execute and hit quota; unblocks and supports reps on day-to-day needs
- Follows through on tasks, detail-oriented
- Has a high bar and is constantly raising it; holds people accountable when they fall short
- Can work autonomously and is not afraid to ask for help or clarity when needed
- Always puts the customer before their own interests and goes the extra mile for them
- 3+ years B2B enterprise sales experience as an individual contributor representative
- 2+ years of experience managing sales team
- Recent growth-stage startup experience
- Strong problem-solving skills and solution-oriented mindset
- Direct and clear communicator, both written and verbal
- Organized, autonomous, and self-starter
- Fast at execution - doesn’t let perfect be the enemy of good
- Entrepreneurial and proactive - looking for creative ways to make the team better and improve processes and looking to take on responsibility
- Ability to work for a small team in a changing environment - flexible, adaptable, willing to get hands dirty, collaborative
- Will work in person at NYC headquarters
Growth and impact.
You’ll be learning and shipping constantly.
You’ll be significantly changing how the housing industry works today with the ultimate goal of creating more housing opportunities.
It’s not often that you can get in on the ground floor of a funded startup that’s scaling. Every single day you will be challenged to identify how we can scale and execute on it. You’ll learn what works when you succeed and what doesn’t when you fail. Either way, the rest of the team will be here to support you. Collectively, we’ll be figuring out the path to serving millions of apartments.
In addition to the growth and impact you’ll have at MeetElise, we also want to make sure that you’re set up for success and financially compensated for your contributions.
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Monthly fitness stipend
We'll cover relocation packages from outside of the Greater NYC metro area - we'll make the move exciting, not painful.