MeetElise is on a mission to revolutionize the housing industry by making good housing more accessible through innovative technology. At MeetElise we use machine learning to address the underlying cause preventing significant advancements in affordable housing: operational costs. By automating the leasing and management of apartment homes, our talented team of engineers and scientists are creating a groundbreaking, low cost operating model that allows for the development of new housing at scale.
Our first product is an AI leasing agent named Elise that converts 65% more prospective renters to residents than a human leasing agent. Elise answers questions and schedules tours 24/7 and is so human-like that renters say they’re “here to meet Elise” when they show up for a tour.
MeetElise is well-funded by VCs, strategic real estate investors, and excited customers. Our technical cofounders are from MIT and the University of Cambridge, and our talent is drawn from the world’s top universities and companies, creating an intellectually vibrant team driven to make a difference.
We’re working to build the future we want to live in: a future where housing is affordable, powered by technology, and accessible to all.
Our culture is inclusive, and we emphasize creativity, accountability and individual agency.
About the role
The MeetElise AI engine applies machine learning (NLP, GNN, adversarial training, active learning) and online data annotation to create an automated beyond human quality conversational experience.
The conversational platform creates an internal product that drives conversations enabling a frictionless housing market.
Because our production conversational experience is at or beyond human quality, we require a diverse set of internal ML products that deliver domain-agnostic automated conversations. These products include efficient data annotation tools, ML and human evaluation frameworks, data asset management (e.g. using tools like SQL, Spark, and Pandas, among others), model training, versioning, deployment and fallback mechanisms, conversational rule management, and knowledge graph injection into the ML pipelines.
As a technical program manager on the conversational platform team, you will:
- Work with engineers, data annotators and internal clients to identify tools required to improve the conversational experience.
- Orchestrate outcomes across teams within the platform engineering organization.
- Identify high impact outcomes and ML products.
- Design metrics for product development and their impact.
You’ll be directly transforming how the housing industry works today with the ultimate goal of creating more housing opportunities.
It’s not often that you can get in on the ground floor of a well-funded startup that’s scaling quickly. You will identify how we can grow on a daily basis and execute on it. Failure is encouraged: you’ll learn what works when you succeed and what doesn’t when you fail. You will always know that your manager would fight to keep you on the team. At every step, your innovative and compassionate teammates will be here to support you. Collectively, we’ll be figuring out the path to serving millions of apartments.
You’re hungry to dive in and contribute, and value learning and teaching from others in a collaborative small team environment. You:
- Have 2+ years of industry experience in ML engineering, data science or ML product or program management OR independent postdoctoral research experience in a science field
- Hold a BS or advanced degree in science or engineering (PhD is a plus, but not required)
- Have the ability to balance key decisions by taking into account our vision, goals, and initiatives as well as our design and engineering resources and customer feedback
- Have an interest in MeetElise's users, product and industry, along with a commitment to understanding and evangelizing the 'what' and 'why' of the business and product priorities to all departments
We’re seeking top talent and expect our teammates to make a significant impact to fuel our growth. We want to ensure that we promote creativity and innovation by offering comprehensive benefits, including:
- Top of your market salary/stock options
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k benefits
- We have an unlimited vacation policy, and actively encourage each other to use it
- Monthly fitness stipend
- Flexible working hours - we look at output, not hours.
We'll cover relocation packages from outside of the Greater NYC metro area - we'll make the move exciting, not painful.