MeetElise is on a mission to make the housing industry scalable through automation, with the ultimate goal of making good housing more accessible.
We use machine learning and natural language processing to create a realistic conversational experience for renters.
Our customers already include some of the largest apartment management companies in the U.S.
MeetElise is a residential housing tech startup and is well-funded by VCs, strategic real estate investors and customers. We have just closed a Series A round, with $9M in total funding for the company.
Technical founders from MIT and the University of Cambridge.
About the role
MeetElise is growing quickly, and you’ll be applying cutting edge machine learning techniques to add real world value. The models you build and productionize will ultimately serve millions of apartment homes.
You’ll be supported by our CTO.
What you'll do
- Perform data preprocessing on large natural language conversation datasets
- Train and analyze results of various ML models
- Make predictive models accurate, fast, and efficient
- Define performance metrics to evaluate models and their output
- Research methods to measure the confidence of the model’s output at inference
- Deploy your models into production using best practices like unit tests and continuous integration
- Implement rigorous QA processes to ensure models are performing as expected and always available
- Identify new ways to apply ML to improve the industry
Growth and impact.
You’ll be learning and shipping constantly.
You’ll be significantly changing how the housing industry works today with the ultimate goal of creating more housing opportunities.
It’s not often that you can get in on the ground floor of a funded startup that’s scaling. Every single day you will be challenged to identify how we can scale and execute on it. You’ll learn what works when you succeed and what doesn’t when you fail. Either way, the rest of the team will be here to support you. Collectively, we’ll be figuring out the path to serving millions of apartments.
We recognize that machine learning applications are often learned “on the job,” so we’re not only looking for people whose resumes check all the boxes. We want someone who is hungry to dive in and learn, but who also values learning and teaching from others in a collaborative team environment.
We’re looking for someone who
- Is excited to join a highly productive team at a fast-growing startup
- Master’s or PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Physics, Mathematics, or related field
- Familiarity with NLP
- Experience in working with sequence to sequence models
- Advanced proficiency with Python
- Writes professional code that is maintainable and testable
- Works well in a collaborative environment
Nice to haves include
- Strong software engineering skills
- Experience putting models into production
- Experience in building and analyzing NLP models
In addition to the growth and impact you’ll have at MeetElise, we also want to make sure that you’re set up for success and financially compensated for your contributions.
- Stock options
- Competitive salary
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Monthly fitness stipend
- Flexible working hours - we look at output, not hours.
We'll cover $5,000 of relocation from outside of the Greater NYC metro area - we'll make the move exciting, not painful.