Systematic Alpha - Quant Development Team Lead, python 3.8, London
Maven’s Systematic Alpha trading business is growing, and as part of this success we are looking to bring additional technology leadership into the business. This is a hands-on role where the individual will be responsible for managing a small team of experienced python developers, working across a number of different trading desks.
The individual will be responsible for the design, development and enhancement of software tools and frameworks, including data analytics, backtesters, automated execution, risk management, etc. As an experienced software engineer, the individual will need to be a strong developer, able to balance tactical and strategic aspects of their work, and communicate and collaborate effectively with trading and technology colleagues across multiple continents. As a team lead, the individual will be expected to mentor and coach their team members, plan and establish clear priorities that meet the needs of the business whilst aligning with the long-term technology strategy, and reinforce the culture and values of the team.
The role reports to the head of SA technology, and the individual will join the technology leadership group alongside the other SA team leads. Candidates will likely have 3+ years of experience in a similar technology role, including at least 1-2 years of team leadership experience. In particular we are looking for:
- a hands-on pragmatic software developer;
- a highly motivated individual with creative problem solving skills;
- strong curiosity and a self-starter attitude;
- ability to prioritise effectively whilst keeping longer term objectives in mind;
This is an opportunity to join Maven as a key member of the Systematic Alpha business as the team grows and we establish world class trading, research and technology capabilities.
- High attention to detail, self-motivated, with a desire to constantly improve systems and processes
- 3+ years experience using modern python (python 3.8+) in a production environment, including OO techniques, event handling, standard numpy & scientific libraries, etc.
- Experience working closely with traders in a similar front office environment
- Background in computer science, engineering, maths, or quant finance
- Experience leading a strong values-oriented engineering team
- Exposure to best practice software development processes
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to step learning curves
NICE TO HAVE
- Knowledge of options volatility pricing and trading strategies, execution systems, risk modelling and backtest
- Experience working with large datasets, parallel compute architectures, and event-driven distributed systems
- Familiarity with SQL, HTTP messaging, and creating basic reports and UIs
- Knowledge of kubernetes, prefect, docker, etc.
- Experience with other languages (eg. .net6 C# / C++, etc.)