In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead and work on a diverse range of projects and tasks that all help underpin the entire technology platform at Maven.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
Hands on team lead of the Core Utilities Team part of the Core Technology. The Team is responsible for developing solutions used across groups in Maven. Currently this includes developing our internal CI/CD system and its build processes, tools to support process and event monitoring, with plans for developing orchestration long term, and other general tools and utilities. The team lead is a tech lead contributing to and being responsible for the designs and implementations of the team. In addition the team lead manages prioritisation of tasks in collaboration with stakeholders and the team.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- Excellent Python skills.
- Strong design skills with demonstrable experience.
- Approachable character with the ability to present information clearly and concisely.
- Efficient and diligent with a strong attention to detail and quality.
- Enthusiasm to rapidly learn new technologies and skills.
- Experience with C#, TypeScript/React desirable.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A great engineering environment whereby technology is key to our success.
- The upside of start-up without the associated risks.
- Great friendly, informal and highly rewarding culture.
- Informal dress code, loads of social events, etc.
- Fast growing global firm with plenty of opportunity where you will have significant impact.
Our approach to trading is scientific and technology driven. Tight integration between trading and software development, relying on cutting edge infrastructure is core to our success. Our teams consisting of C++ / C# / Python / FPGA developers and trading system engineers are responsible for our in-house applications, ranging from the world's lowest latency execution systems, through web-based user interfaces, to tools to interrogate multi-terabyte data sets.