This is an opportunity to join one of the worlds fastest growing proprietary trading firms to work alongside traders and other developers to help us optimise our pricing libraries, improve our trading tools, extend our systematic trading strategies and to build cutting edge web-based user interfaces.
What you’re going to do:
- Design and develop fit for purpose products to drive critical business functions with a focus on performance, testability, maintainability and resilience
- Craft great code and tests, using automation as your friend
- Analyse, capture and communicate your design decisions
- Interact and collaborate with stakeholders, SRE’s and Infrastructure engineers
What you’re going to need:
- Good sense of humour
- Excellent C#
- The ability to solve new and unfamiliar problems
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of financial markets & securities (particularly equities, futures and options)
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS and web development libraries such as React, Vue, ASP.NET Core, Knockout, Bootstrap, OpenRasta and Nancy
- Familiarity with .NET Core, Linux, Docker / Containerization and Cloud technologies
- Excel add-in design and development
- Experience with automated testing (NUnit, Selenium, mocking frameworks)
A proprietary trading firm formed in 2011, Maven Technology is all about trust, your impact, freedom, and team. We have an internal open-source approach to create a technology environment that is low bureaucracy and high engineering freedom, fostering close collaboration between Trading and Tech to ensure novel solutions have swift impact.
Maven has a culture that is relaxed and informal but highly rewarding of strong performance; there's no dress code, a hybrid working model, plenty of free food and regular social events. We have offices in London, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Sydney and New York and will be opening a new Chicago office in early 2022.
Maven's code base is in C++ 20 and we have a modern stack throughout, making extensive use of template and meta programming, C#, Python, FPGA and Julia.