Maven is continuing to expand at a rapid pace. The expansion has resulted in Maven establishing offices in new locations (most recently the USA, the Netherlands and Australia with further offices in the USA to follow). At the same time, Maven continues to enter new markets and trade new strategies and products. Tax work has increased significantly in the last two years and we have recruited an additional tax manager and indirect taxes manager to support the team.
This role is primarily focused on international taxes and supporting Maven’s global activities. Your contribution will allow the team to focus on deeper specialisation and expertise to match Maven’s growing operational complexity and increased tax law complexity. You will fit with our aim of building the best team!
WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO DO:
- Advise the business on international tax matters across the group including advising on the tax implications of new products and markets.
- Assist the Head of Tax with international tax projects including transfer pricing.
- Manage the International tax compliance.
- Provide training to the tax team and across the group.
- Develop process improvements and controls.
- Over time you may be involved in UK tax advisory and compliance work.
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- A recognised professional financial qualification, e.g. CTA, ACA with a minimum of three years' post-qualifying experience.
- A self-starter who is able to identify opportunities to add value.
- Relevant experience of a financial services environment.
- Comfortable working with external advisers.
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A great environment whereby technology is key to our success.
- The upside of start-up without the associated risks.
- Friendly, informal and highly rewarding culture.
- Informal dress code.
- Great offices with free food and plenty of social events.
- Fast growing global firm with significant opportunity to build a long term career.