WHAT WE DO: Our Direct Counterparty (DCP) Trading desk is instrumental for supporting Maven on the transition from a top tier on screen liquidity provider into a more rounded risk taking platform ultimately growing the overall revenue. Maven’s Institutional Trading team acts as ambassadors to the firm. Building buyside relationships with the goal of bringing more and diversified order flow. Important element is the provision of market intelligence to the floor.
THE ROLE: As part of building out Institutional Trading, we are looking for a motivated salesperson with experience in listed/OTC derivative sales. The ideal candidate is convinced of the growing role of specialist firms in the ecosystem and wants to play part in it.
- Develop in depth business relationships with institutional clients in their region
- Act as ambassador for Maven and able to represent Maven at events
- Work with the wider team to design and expand the DCP activity for Maven and grow the platform’s institutional client presence
- Keeps a complex overview of ‘market structure’ i.e. competitor analysis, mapping trades and traders including DCP. Connecting all information leading to better trade execution and thus maximising returns out of relationships
- Contribute to team’s administrative and support duties
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum of 2+ year’s experience in equity or fixed-income derivatives sales role
- Extensive knowledge of the (global) financial market in their respective asset class including trading strategies and product specifications
- Established institutional client base, ideally looking for candidates who have clients based in France and can bring over their relationships to the new platform
- Optional programming skills (Grafana, Python, VBA)