We’re looking to welcome a Senior Compensation Analyst to join our Global Total Rewards team. As a Senior Compensation Analyst, you will plan, develop, implement, administer and maintain compensation programs that support the company’s global pay philosophy, objectives, competitive position and local practices.
You will ensure the global application of competitive pay practices, evaluates programs, trends and/or new technologies and recommends changes and improvements. You will also formulate recommendations regarding the development of base pay structures through job design and evaluation. You work under minimal supervision and provide solutions to problems of moderate to high complexity.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provides Compensation support for the assigned segment(s) of the organization
- Performs the full scope of activities associated with the development and administration of competitive and legally compliant compensation programs
- Consults with and advises business partners and respective managers on compensation policy interpretation, new hire offers, promotions, market analyses, job description / evaluation and other compensation projects and initiatives
- Advises / supports the assigned organization on base pay, short-term incentive, and long-term incentive administration
- Ensures internal and external pay equity within the assigned organization
- Collaborates on design and review of special compensation programs and/or incentive plans
- Assists with compensation trend analysis; provides point-in-time status reports and completes ad hoc reporting requests
- Audits jobs / pay levels to identify and resolve issues arising from reorganizations, contractual changes, acquisitions, etc.
- Develops recommendations for improvements to compensation processes, ensuring alignment with company policies and philosophy
- Assists with grade range construction based on internal data and external market considerations.
- Produces reports and analyzes compensation data to support client deliverables such as, merit budget, salary structure management and incentive plan pools and audits.
- Prepare our global annual compensation review cycle including budget calculations, training materials, advanced comp configurations and testing, review cycles, etc.
What you bring to the team:
- 2 or more years of global Compensation experience required
- Requires strong knowledge and demonstration of intermediate to advanced Excel skills and mastery of Microsoft and/or Google Suite
- Discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive information
- Strong quantitative reasoning skills
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- Broad background in general compensation including job design, market pricing, general compensation methods and practices and surveys
- BS/BA degree
- Experience in Workday HCM and Advanced Compensation Module
- Compensation experience in the technology industry
- CCP Preferred
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed equity incentive plan (RSUs) - we are all owners!
- Lightspeed PX (People Experience) - choose where you work!
- Unlimited paid time off policy (FPTO)
- Immediate access to health insurance
- Employer RRSP contribution (Canada)
- Paid parental leave top-up program
- Access to virtual healthcare services via app
- Access to virtual mental health services via app
- Health and wellness credit of $500 per year
- Laptop and other IT equipment provided
- Employee referral program
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Paid volunteer day
- Transit benefit (certain conditions and locations apply)
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.