Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
Lightspeed is looking for a highly motivated Business Development Representative to join our growing French Outbound Sales team. You’ll help drive revenue growth by generating and qualifying leads, lighting the way as the first touchpoint between potential new customers and the Lightspeed brand. Your work will have a direct impact on advancing Lightspeed’s mission of empowering retailers and restaurateurs with smart technology.
After years of refining and optimizing our strategy in a focused market, our Outbound team is in hyper-growth mode and ready to scale, and we need a driven and energetic individual who’s passionate about helping entrepreneurs ignite their businesses to help make it happen. If you’re results-driven and excited to join a fast-growing company where your work will have a global impact, this might be the role for you.
What you’ll be doing
- Identifying potential customers and introducing our products to decision-makers through phone, email and in-person communications
- Engaging and qualifying new leads through various channels, including phone, email, text and social media
- Getting in on the ground floor of a new outbound sales team focused on growing our local presence
- Collaborating with inbound sales teams, including managing the handoff to Account Executives to demo software to prospective customers
- Working with the marketing and sales teams on strategies to grow our sales pipeline based on your conversations and feedback from prospects
- Consistently meeting clearly defined monthly, quarterly and annual goals
What you’ll be bringing
- Experience in sales or a call center environment, with the energy and drive to (over)deliver on targets
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, including strong listening, verbal and written communication
- Tech-savvy, and able to clearly explain technology to others who are not
- Strong written and spoken English
- An entrepreneurial and agile mindset, with a bias toward action and ability to pivot when needed to meet business needs and objectives
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Experience in the retail, hospitality or ecommerce industry
- Experience with point-of-sale systems or other technology (e.g. software, mobile)
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs every day
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact
- An ownership stake in the company, with equity options like RSUs
- Competitive benefits + more!
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.