Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might
just be in the right place!
We are currently hiring for work hours between 11am - 11pm with typical shift patterns of 1:30pm - 10pm to accommodate our North American Customers. This role can be remote anywhere in Northern Ireland with the exception of up to 8 weeks training held in our Belfast office. As part of Lightspeed’s X-Series Support team, you will be the first point of contact with our customers, and therefore you will be dealing with a wide variety of requests. This in turn allows you to work closely with multiple different teams at Lightspeed. We believe that customer support is more than just providing answers to our customers' questions, so together with the team you also focus on constantly improving our product.
We’d like you to share your ideas on how we can innovate or improve our business to ensure the best customer experience and support our customers in their success.
Our customers' success is our success.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide excellent customer experience through technical support;
- You will support our customers fully in all questions regarding our product and answer their inquiries via telephone and e-mail (inbound);
- You will be the interface between the customer and our various departments;
- Use consistent troubleshooting techniques to quickly and efficiently identify the source of customer issues and provide a prompt and appropriate solution;
- Properly document and track customer issues and resolutions;
- Follow escalation procedures as required;
- Liaise with team leaders to best handle day to day situations to better customer experiences;
- Handle miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as defined by management;
What you need to bring:
Our team is spread over the UK and Europe. Main purpose of this international team is to provide customer support for UK, North America and European business customers and guarantee an amazing customer experience.
We're looking for a Support Specialist who has experience with the following:
- Experience of customer service, ideally in a technical environment;
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and verbal);
- Strong attention to detail with an emphasis on customer service;
- Proven troubleshooting skills, especially when dealing with new or complex issues;
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Passion in technology;
- Familiarity with mac OS and iPadOS;
- Retail experience or Hospitality experience;
- French language skills;
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Company pension program
- Health and wellness benefit
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Language classes & LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.