Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a Senior iOS Developer to join our EMEA Market Fit squad. The squad is an agile team that’s responsible for our K-Series flagship Hospitality product used by customers all around the world.
You’ll be focusing on the European market where you’ll be responsible for maintaining and improving the existing application as well as implementing new features and integrations to ensure our customers’ satisfaction in these markets. You will be supporting Lightspeed’s Hospitality product group on the mission to expand our reach into new markets and countries while enhancing our advanced hospitality commerce platform.
As a Senior iOS developer you’ll be working closely together with our Product Managers, Designers, other Developers and our Support team in order to provide tailored and innovative solutions for the market.
For this role, you can be based anywhere in Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, France, the UK and Switzerland.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design, document and implement features to our iOS point-of-sale application
- Participate in development planning, retrospectives and feature demos
- Proactively identify and remove roadblocks that inhibit the team’s ability to deliver
- Help decompose high level requirements into development tasks and work items
- Initiate and contribute to continuous improvement of our software development processes and best practices
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and education for you and your team
- Participate in finding top talent for your team and the organization
- Provide technical and process guidance to your team
- Participate in code reviews in order to teach and apply high standards of code quality
What you need to bring:
- Advanced programming skills in Swift (and ideally Objective-C)
- Good knowledge of multithreading, UIKit, SwiftUI, Core Data, REST APIs
- Experience in writing automated unit and functional tests
- Good conceptual understanding of software design and code beauty
- Experience with local network communication, external accessories (eg. payment terminals, printers) is a plus
- You are a team player who likes to contribute to discussions and share your opinion
- You are self-motivated and can function effectively in a team environment with minimum supervision
- You are always seeking improvement and progress
- You are eager to make decisions and not afraid of making mistakes
- You are keen on sharing your knowledge and expertise with your peers
Feel free to take a look at our global Tech Stack here: https://stackshare.io/lightspeed/lightspeed
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.