As a vital part of the IT SAAS Operations team, you will take part in the growth and development of our ServiceNow platform. Working alongside automation and integration specialists, our goal is to build an exceptional internal customer experience using leading technologies and key integrations.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Act as lead developer and administrator for various aspects of the ServiceNow platform in conjunction with a 3rd party Managed Service Provider
- Oversee ServiceNow configuration change management, integrations, and data imports
- Design, develop and deliver the appropriate ServiceNow solutions based on functional and non-functional requirements
- Deliver assigned tasks and regularly communicate status to the IT Project Manager
- Ensure ‘best practices’ as far as code, technology, and documentation are always consulted and followed
- Documenting, tracking, and monitoring issues
- Creation and modifications of foundational ServiceNow platform elements such as: tables, workflows, business rules, security rules, UI actions, UI policies, client scripts, script includes, data policies, ACLs, and dictionary
- Major ServiceNow modules such as: Incident, Problem, Change Management, Project/Portfolio Suite, Performance Analytics, Knowledge, Service Catalog, CMDB
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Experience with ServiceNow IT Service Management, ITIL
- System integration experience with web services such as XML, HTML, CSS, HTTP, REST or SOAP
- Confident, articulate, and professional speaking skills
- Reliability as a teammate.
- Troubleshooting skills and excellent follow-through.
Who you are
- Helping others and delivering exceptional client service is in our DNA, we hope it is in yours as well!
- Being part of a team and contributing to the welfare of the team environment makes you happy.
- Being able to work autonomously and take ownership and responsibility for tasks and projects
- Getting the job done and well done satisfies you.
- You never forget the devil is in the details.
What’s in it for you
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of fully remote work
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
- Our code is stored in Github and we make extensive use of pull requests in order to review each other’s work
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Uncapped holiday policy
- Private Health insurance (including optical & dental)
- Health and wellness benefit of £400 per year (you can use it for flying lessons or a spa day - up to you!)
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents (6 months paid leave for BOTH primary AND secondary carers)
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- Volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.