Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We are looking for a new Development Manager to help us lead, mentor, and grow a high-performing software development team and cultivate an inclusive environment that inspires the team to do their best work. Under your guidance, the team will take on the critical mission of supporting and enhancing one of our point-of-sale products cloud architectures.
If you’re a leader with a solid technical background, have a proven track record of supporting, mentoring, and leading a team, along with a reputation for delivering great software then you might be a perfect fit. If you enjoy problem-solving mixed with pragmatism and collaboration to develop products that solve real-world problems for customers around the globe, then you’re what we’re looking for. Your hands-on attitude and your ability to explore new territories will help you lay out the best plan for the team to succeed on their mission.
The smooth communication and collaboration with fellow product, development and DevOps team members around the globe will be an integral to the success of the team. If you are inspired by interesting technical challenges, working on solutions that really matter and strive for excellence within our international team, then we would love to hear from you.
You will take ownership of the systems and architecture that power a significant portion of Lightspeeds revenue in the Hospitality business unit! You will take an active role in driving a newly formed engineering team dedicated to this infrastructure. Your team’s mandate is to revitalize foundational systems for long term success that many tens of thousands of customers and their guests depend upon daily. You will have agency to make changes at production scale with this senior team whose potential and energy you can focus at your discretion on the toughest problems you see.
- Drive development of scalable and maintainable architectures
- Engender trust as lead and partner of development team
- Work closely with other teams, architects, product managers and the engineering leaders to align on approach and priorities
- Guide, motivate, and grow your team of senior developers as they solve complex business problems
- Contribute to continuous improvement of our software delivery processes and practices
- Experience leading a team of developers through successful software projects
- Strong experience delivering and managing horizontally scalable systems in production;
- Advanced skills in Ruby and ideally one other backend language (Java)
- Hands-on knowledge of major cloud services like AWS, GCP and Azure
- Professional experience with relational datastores
- A good understanding of Agile development and continuous delivery best practices
- Curiosity and passion for diving into stimulating challenges
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to provide coaching, mentoring and context to team members
Nice To Have
- Interest in eCommerce and POS systems
- Experience building scalable SaaS solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
What's in it for you?
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture with the option of working remotely or from one of our offices
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!