Hi there! Thanks for stopping by
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our Lightspeed Analytics team in Canada. The platform is responsible for collecting and analyzing merchant data to provide them with actionable insights to optimize and grow their businesses. We are a team of 10+ people with skills spanning across the software development spectrum - UX, backend, data, product, QA and support. You will be responsible for supporting the product for our retail merchants, the data pipeline, data architecture and infrastructure.
For this role, you can be located in Canada and also option to work fully remotely or hybrid , +1/-1h time zone difference from EST.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design, build and develop ETL pipelines consolidating various data sources (streaming or batch) into application specific Data Warehouses
- Develop clean, maintainable code in a CI/CD environment
- Test Driven Development
- Design and architect our data systems; data sourcing, accessibility, security, quality, governance, discovery, and integration into business processes
- Work as part of a team to deliver product features and functionality
- Translate requirements into conceptual and detailed designs with estimates
- Build automated tests, troubleshoot software issues as well as implement bug fixes
What you need to bring:
We're looking for a Senior level candidate who has experience with the following:
- Developing reliable, highly available and scalable data pipelines
- Building data warehouses, data migrations and data transformations
- Experience with modern data stack: cloud databases like Redshift or BigQuery, ETL/ELT tools and frameworks like dbt.
- Experience with Apache Airflow or other workflow orchestration tools is highly desired.
- Experience with cloud environments like GCP, AWS or Azure, as well as cloud solutions like Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Proficiency with Python or Java/Scala, especially for data manipulation and analysis and ability to build, maintain and deploy automated processes with these tools.
- Experience writing automated unit and functional tests
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to have:
Some familiarity to BI platforms like Looker or Tableau
Experience with real time messaging systems (Pub/Sub, Kafka, etc.)
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and the option of fully remote work
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday
- Opportunity to make a difference; help merchants grow their businesses and become more successful by creating or improving products and addressing customer feedback
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Opportunities to learn and expand your skill set
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed equity scheme (we are all owners)
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Health Insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Mental health online platform and counseling & coaching services
- Volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.