What makes Lightspeed Events a GREAT fit for you? When you join Lightspeed, you'll be part of a team that provides thousands of SMBs the best commerce technology to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting superior customer experience. You'll work with curious, motivated people, and a diverse team that is changing the future of hospitality and retail across the world. If you enjoy challenging yourself, connecting with people and pushing the limits of your career, Lightspeed is the place for you.
Lightspeed is looking for a results-driven Events Marketing Specialist to join our Marketing team in London or Amsterdam. Events marketing is one the levers that contribute to the success of the entire marketing team, and your role is key to the success of the business in the region. Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for achieving your business targets (MQLs, SQLs, CWs) and delivering a seamless customer experience across digital/physical events on time and to budget.
- Design, plan and implement an effective events marketing strategy to drive registrations, attendance, engagement, and conversions for your regions.
- Own the communication strategy for your events - work closely with content marketing and product teams to craft copy that resonates with our target audience.
- Conduct customer insights calls, understand customers needs, and translate research insights into customer-centric marketing.
- Execute all campaign elements, continually review performance metrics, identify innovative new ways to drive demand, and revise campaigns accordingly.
- Work in close conjunction with regional marketing, sales, partnerships, product, and customer teams to ultimately achieve new client acquisition through digital and physical events.
- Coordinate the production of events from start to finish, liaise with suppliers, manage the budget, and report on post-event performance.
- Align with our reseller and partnership channel to support their Lightspeed POS & Restaurant-related events.
- Support the business with internal events, and ad-hoc projects as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field
- Solid project management experience
- Solve unforeseen situations as they arise in a calm and composed manner
- An interest in managing marketing logistics, from coordinating suppliers to finding great swag and ensuring that everything we need gets from A to B
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and prioritize dynamically according to goals
- Results-oriented with a strong work ethic, great attention to detail, and the ability to work both independently and within a team
- Strong team player skills and ability to work in a matrix environment
- Excellent English in writing and speaking, knowledge of French and or German is a big bonus
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A brand new office in London Bridge and Amsterdam, depending on where you are based
- Flexible home/office policy
- Lightspeeders are able to work up to 60 calendar days per year not just in a location where we have a presence--but anywhere in the world, apart from a short list of prohibited countries.
- Opportunities to travel and work up to 60 calendar days per year not from anywhere in the world!
- An environment that encourages initiative, innovation and leadership
- A culture that promotes diversity and inclusion, and focuses on your training
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!