You’re a stellar manager, a great teammate and insightful about what makes people tick. You’re intuitive and forward-thinking. You enjoy the challenge of setting high expectations and exceeding them. You don't need handholding — you take a goal and come up with a game plan to achieve it. You don't settle for mediocrity and will push writers to deliver the most informative, compelling, and visually appealing content out there. The stories you edit are so good that people not only pay attention, they're inspired to take action and improve their financial lives. You’re not afraid of hard work and you know how to manage the creation of rich, informative experiences that drive direct response with a team of hardworking writers.
In this position, you’ll support our executive editor and manage a team of mortgage writers, both in-house and freelance to produce SEO-driven explanatory articles and feature stories that will not only inform but inspire. It will be your responsibility to help motivate and manage your team, hitting your monthly publication goals and making sure the editorial process is flowing smoothly. Ultimately, you'll help ensure the content we produce is leading in the category, helpful, informative and offers real value to consumers and lenders.
This hardworking editor will take the reins of our mortgage content at LendingTree.com and subsidiaries, including MagnifyMoney and Student Loan Hero.
- Manage editorial calendar for mortgage content, working closely with a deputy editor, two in-house staff writers as well as freelance writers.
- Make sure monthly publication goals are met on time for the mortgage vertical.
- Create outlines and assignments for writers based on the editorial calendar for the month.
- Must be able to manage special content projects such as lender reviews and “best of” mortgage roundups as well as standard feature stories.
- Work closely with the dedicated mortgage SEO analysts on our team to develop a strategy to ensure comprehensive coverage of mortgages across all domains.
- Work closely with our compliance officer to be sure any published content is 100% compliant.
- Determine which content needs to be updated on a monthly basis to remain both current as well as compliant.
- Bring new, fresh ideas for content that can differentiate us from competitors.
- 3-5+ years experience covering real estate or mortgage industry as a writer and/or editor
- Deep expertise of the mortgage industry
- Experience with SEO content
- Ability to work with writers both remote and in-house
- Experience with content management systems
- Excellent attention to detail, organization skills and communication skills
- Familiarity with task management tools such as Trello, Wordpress, Slack and Good Day
*Must be willing to complete an edit test.
LendingTree was founded in 1996 by CEO Doug Lebda to help people comparison shop and get a great deal on the single biggest transaction of their lives: their mortgage. Since then, we’ve facilitated over 65 million loan requests, while becoming a household name (our brand recognition rivals Bank of America and Wells Fargo). Today we do much more than mortgages. We are the #1 online marketplace in the US for consumers to comparison shop for mortgages, personal loans, credit cards, student loans, auto loans and insurance. We have established relationships with millions of customers who engage with us through our My LendingTree portal, giving them access to free credit scores and money saving alerts. We are on a mission to help consumers save money and better their lives.
We’re publicly traded (TREE), we’re financially sound and we’re in the top 10 of Fortune’s 100 Fastest Growing Companies. If you’re looking for an opportunity with a dynamic company that is fanatically pro-consumer and that champions your entrepreneurial spirit, then you’ve come to the right place.
Our clothes are casual and relaxed, and our work ethic is highly professional. It is our culture for each team member to challenge the status quo, express their opinions, and to stand up, ask for the ball and run with it to meet our daring goals. We also have a lot of fun together. We’re always looking for the best, brightest, high energy, rock stars to join our team. We reward innovation, creativity and the ability to just GET STUFF DONE.
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.