As a mobile developer, you’ll be working on some of the most successful apps, together with some of the best mobile developers in the industry. Do you have an excellent knowledge of mobile development (iOS, Android, React Native or Xamarin). Are you up for a challenge? Do you love working in a multidisciplinary team, using the latest technologies and with a big focus on quality? Then don’t hesitate & apply now!
- As a part of a team, you’ll be taking part in the continuous development of the mobile products from that team.
- Day to day, this means developing new user stories, fixing bugs, create & review pull requests, documenting your work (code comments, readme, confluence,..), do some research, make suggestions for product improvements and communicate clearly about your progress.
- Together with your colleagues, it will be your task to make sure the product meets all functional and non-functional requirements.
- As an engineer, you understand that producing clean, readable and testable code is always a priority.
- Bachelor in Informatics or Master in Computer Science (or equal through proven experience)
- Deep understanding of common software engineering practices (OO design principles, modern design patterns, git, TDD/unit testing, code documentation,...)
- Excellent knowledge of either the iOS SDK (Swift), Android SDK (Java) or their respective Xamarin variant (C#). Knowledge of React Native or front-end web technologies are a huge plus.
- Good knowledge of common technologies as HTTP, REST, JSON, XML, OAuth, SQL.
- Knowledge of secure coding practices, open source licenses or important relevant legislation (privacy, copyright) are a plus.
- You’re always keen to learn new things, share your knowledge, adopt to change and learn from past experiences.
- You’re able to work in a team and are always open for feedback from your team mates.
- You have an affinity with product design and building appealing user interfaces.
- You have the ability to handle the pressure and flexibility of a dynamic company.
In The Pocket is organised in autonomous teams consisting of developers, designers and product managers. By being part of one and the same team, they can develop a product from start to finish. Because every team carries responsibility, working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. We rely on trust and openness, and sharing our learning curve. At In The Pocket there’s time to experiment and budget to develop yourself. In the last years, you could find our developers at WWDC, Google I/O, ReactEurope... If you’d like to know more about our perks, take a look at this page.
On a personal level we are looking for a colleague who shares our values.
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. Weshare our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle, it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving is in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to move forward.
- Team: As individuals we are bright and talented, as a team we’re unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire ourcolleagues to do their best work.