Do you consider mobile to be your second nature? Are you thrilled by translating product requirements into mobile apps? Then we suggest to keep on reading. In The Pocket is looking for a passionate iOS Mobile Developer to strengthen our forces. You’ll be taking up an active role in the creation of top-notch mobile applications together with some of the best developers there are. Working in a multidisciplinary team, we’re excited to share our knowledge with you, but also learn a thing or two from your part to take it to the next level. Sounds exciting? We’re looking forward to meeting you.
- As part of the team, you’ll contribute to the continuous development of the products that are in the care of your team.
- Day to day you'll develop new user stories, fix bugs, create & review pull requests, document your work (code comments, readme, confluence,..), perform research, make suggestions for product improvements and communicate clearly about your progress.
- Together with your colleagues, you’ll make sure the product meets all functional and non-functional requirements.
- As an engineer, you understand that producing clean, readable and testable code is always a priority.
- Bachelor in Informatics or Master in Computer Science (or related)
- Take ownership and responsibility for building, testing, releasing, and maintaining iOS applications
- Understanding of common software engineering practices
- Understanding of Secure Coding practices and the most important security
- Affinity with product design and building appealing user interfaces
- Experience with common encryption (AES, RSA) and hashing (SHA) algorithms
- Knowledge of common technologies as HTTP, REST, JSON, OAuth
- Knowledge of Swift and the iOS SDK (or eagerness to learn).
- Knowledge of asynchronous programming (GCD, NSOperationQueue)
- Experience with one or more CI/CD environments: Jenkins, Gitlab, etc
- Experience with unit testing and UI testing
- Experience with software architectures such as MVP/MVVM is a plus
In The Pocket is organized in autonomous teams consisting of developers, designers and product managers. By being part of one and the same team, they can develop a product from start to finish. Because every team carries responsibility, working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. We rely on trust and openness and sharing our learning curve. At In The Pocket there’s time to experiment and budget to develop yourself.
On a personal level, we are looking for a colleague who shares our values.
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. We share our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle, it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving is in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to move forward.
- Team: As individuals we are bright and talented, as a team we’re unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire our colleagues to do their best work.