As a Product Designer you are responsible for translating requirements into usable, elegant and delightful interfaces. Your ultimate goal is to boost usability and effectiveness through designs that look and work just great. You take leading best-practices and proven design principles as a starting point to ensure your designs are clean, simple and focused. You never take your eyes off the end user, because you know they are the ones who finally define the success of your work.
Translate requirements to interfaces:
- You demonstrate a solid skill in solving UX problems through thoughtful and elegant interaction design
- You ensure a best-in-class approach by working within our product design process, standard UX best-practices and platform-specific design principles
- You present your work to the team and the client in well-crafted deliverables such as wireframes, clickable prototypes and component libraries
Make designs come to life:
- You create visual designs that boost usability and effectiveness while adding beauty and delight
- You incorporate color, typography, imagery and motion in a design that is simple, clean and consistent
Collect & resolve feedback:
- Taking initiative to collect feedback on your work from other team members (both designers and engineers)
- You accept and resolve feedback (from team & client) in a professional and positive way
- You work with and alongside engineers to make sure your designs get translated into the actual product
Share ideas & knowledge:
- You participate in growing our design competence by keeping your eyes open for important evolutions in our sector and sharing ideas
- You have a solid understanding of user-centered design, usability principles and best-practices in mobile user experience.
- You can express yourself, your ideas and your work fluently in English.
- You are proficient in working with common design tools (Sketch, Photoshop ...) and prototyping tools (Marvel, Framer, Principle ...).
- You know how to communicate your ideas, opinions and design decisions to ensure a successful outcome.
- You have the ability to prioritise. You can handle several projects and many different tasks in an organised way.
- You have a fresh and innovative look on the future of digital design.
- Knowledge of or experience with Agile development processes are considered a plus.
- Interest in or experience with Conversational Interfaces are considered a plus.
In The Pocket is organised in autonomous teams consisting of developers, designers and product managers. By being part of one and the same team, they can develop a product from start to finish. Because every team carries responsibility, working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. We rely on trust and openness, and sharing our learning curve. At In The Pocket there’s time to experiment and budget to develop yourself.
On a personal level we are looking for a colleague who shares our values.
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. We share our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle, it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving is in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to move forward.
- Team: As individuals we are bright and talented, as a team we are unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire our colleagues to do their best work.