To support our continued growth, In The Pocket is on the lookout for a passionate Business Developer. In your role you will be instrumental in exploring fresh, exciting opportunities with new top-tier clients. You’ll interact with senior decision makers and be the guru that inspires them on strategic, technical & user aspects to help them pave their digital roadmap.
We’re not afraid of a challenge at In The Pocket. Ambitious is written in the palm of your hand. You know how to embrace “consultative selling”: to inspire, guide and tackle problems for prospects with aspiring goals. Together with the team, you’ll grow our business in existing and new markets and you are ready to jump on new opportunities to grow our business. Furthermore, we encourage and support any ambitions you might have to explore and conquer markets across the border.
Are you up for the challenge? Read on.
It’s vital that you’re driven to deliver strategic advice, build amazing digital products and help return the investment for your clients. You understand the current business challenges companies have and are able to navigate complex technical organizations. You have the energy and work towards open-up new possibilities, meet a lot of people and get them excited about In The Pocket and the opportunity to build something truly incredible with us. The role offers a high degree of autonomy and requires an entrepreneurial spirit to make it happen.
- Create a deep understanding how the digital market is evolving, both locally and internationally
- Understand the current digital business challenges companies have and work your way towards becoming a trusted advisor and challenger for prospects
- Build authentic and genuine relationships with digital decision makers across industries
- Work closely with the sales & marketing team to build a story that sticks
- Manage a close partnership with cross-functional teams to identify and creatively solve commercial and operational challenges
- Own the pre-sales process by identifying problems, shaping solutions and improving products, backed by a team of 150 experts
- Provide a strategic perspective to both client and internal teams, delivering critical business insights and launching initiatives that impact the market
- Craft compelling value propositions for new clients that drive business for both the client and In The Pocket
- You are passionate about all things digital and have a genuine interest in the client’s digital business needs and challenges
- You have an inquisitive mind, your curiosity has no limits and you’re able to pick things up quickly
- Communication skills run through your veins. You’re a fluent and transparent communicator and you have no fear to speak publicly
- You can easily adapt and position yourself on the same level as your prospects
- You speak English & Dutch fluently (German & French are a big plus)
- You have experience in selling services or as a management consultant, preferably within a studio or agency environment
- You have a proven record in consultative / solution selling. Any experience in the field of software services (Mobile, Web, XR, AI/ML, Cloud…) is a plus
- Negotiating complex deals doesn’t scare you off. Any experience with contractual terms & conditions and risk management comes in handy.
- A prior relevant network of decision-makers within a region or industry is most welcome
- You’re willing to work within a vibrant team that doesn’t settle for good, but only aims for what’s best
In The Pocket is organised in autonomous teams consisting of developers, designers and product managers. By being part of one and the same team, they can develop a product from start to finish. Because every team carries responsibility, working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. We rely on trust and openness, and sharing our learning curve. At In The Pocket there’s time to experiment and budget to develop yourself.
On a personal level we are looking for a colleague who shares our values.
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. We share our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle, it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving is in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to move forward.
- Team: As individuals we are bright and talented, as a team we are unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire our colleagues to do their best work.