You might know In The Pocket as Europe’s finest digital product studio. Our team of 150 engineers, designers and strategists develop top-notch products in the best offices in the world. In The Pocket is an environment that’s both functional and inspiring. Conceived to be a place that facilitates our amical and hands-on way of working, the offices boast great views, terraces, places to work, play and to be inspired.
Beyond that, we think it’s crucial that everyone feels cared for at In The Pocket. Our co-workers should feel at home and our suppliers, clients and partners should be welcomed as friends. People spend a lot of their time at work, why should the experience be anything less than great?
As an Office Manager you are responsible for that experience. Running our office is like running a hotel, with the nicest guests you can imagine. If you think you have the professional skills to fulfil our high standards and you have the warmth and care to bring a smile to our colleagues and clients faces, please apply for the position of Office Manager. You could have a huge impact on the atmosphere and culture at In The Pocket.
As our Office Manager you will:
Manage the office team:
- Supervise and coach Jessy, our amazing hospitality officer, who is in charge of running our office like a smooth operator
- Manage the office budget and select the best suppliers
- Be responsible for everyone’s office journey: from the moment someone enters our office until they say goodbye
- Juggle with different tasks, but always keep on smiling
Guard our fleet/insurances:
- Coordinate all maintenance and purchasing of the company’s fleet
- Schedule repairs and preventative maintenance
- Analyze and manage the costs of fleet and provide management with appropriate reports
- Manage all insurance plans of In The Pocket
- Maintain and update insurance policies by In The Pocket.
Manage our office facilities:
- Facilitate and manage office changes, builds and moves
- Constantly improving our office: implementing new ideas is your second nature
- Know the status of every item in the office by heart: if something is broken, a new item is on the way
Offer administrative support:
- You manage the reception desk and welcome our customers, employees and suppliers
- Process the daily mail and telephones and route to appropriate personnel as needed
- Schedule appointments and conferences
- Make all travel arrangements
- Support our talent and finance team with the arrangements of employees’ fringe benefits and other tasks
- A bachelor degree Office Management or related studies
- A first experience in a similar role
- Fluent in Dutch and English, other languages are a plus
- Be a problem solver at heart with a genuine interest in helping
- Impeccable follow-through on tasks
- A friendly and caring person, with a big focus on customer/employee satisfaction
- The ability to prioritize tasks
- Outstanding organisational and communication skills
- Passion for people which brings a smile on all the In The Pocket employees’ faces
- The will to have a maximum impact on In The Pocket
In The Pocket is organised in autonomous teams consisting of developers, designers and product managers. By being part of one and the same team, they can develop a product from start to finish. Because every team carries responsibility, working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. We rely on trust and openness, and sharing our learning curve. At In The Pocket there’s time to experiment and budget to develop yourself.
On a personal level we are looking for a colleague who shares our values.
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. We share our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle, it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving is in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to move forward.
- Team: As individuals we are bright and talented, as a team we are unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire our colleagues to do their best work.