As a Product Manager, you are responsible for defining products and features that seamlessly combine a great user experience, business benefits and emerging technologies. You are a pragmatic idealist in a way that you can envision the best possible outcome, but you know that you can only deliver value if you can ship products to users.
In this particular position, you'll be working on the cloud native applications that support user-facing applications, integrate with various systems and enable data intelligence.
- You lead the discovery of potential solutions to the problems that need to be solved, by using the tools and techniques that are appropriate for the specific situation (e.g. workshops, design sprints, prototypes, user research, data analysis, ...)
- You work closely with the solution architect and developers to create a future proof platform, always balancing functional and non-functional requirements.
- You validate the ideas with platform users and stakeholders at the client and 3rd parties.
- You prioritize the ideas into a roadmap together with the client and the development team.
- You make sure the development team and client are on the same page by continuously aligning with them.
- You ensure that product requirements are described, broken down into small and easy to implement chunks of work, and 'ready for development' in a timely manner.
- You are involved in the definition of the product's technical aspects that have an impact on (future) functionality, e.g. API specification or data model specification.
- You continuously prioritize the backlog and define sprint scopes during development.
- By closely following up with the development team and clients, you make sure that we don’t just shape great products, but also ship great products.
Product success & growth:
- You identify, track and analyze key product success metrics.
- Based on the data and user insights you identify improvements to further grow the product, run tests, and adapt the roadmap accordingly.
- You have +3 years of experience in product management, on digital products (mobile, web, cloud, ...)
- Technical complexity and uncertainty don't scare you. You are willing to dive into enough technical detail to understand the chosen technology's impact on the functionality and related opportunities/challenges. You know how to bring structure to a complex product and translate the technical complexity to business stakeholders. Hands-on experience with cloud products and API's is considered a big plus.
- Agility has very few secrets for you. You know how to write user stories, manage a backlog, define sprint scopes, ... Experience with frequent deployment is considered a big plus.
- You have strong analytical skills.
- You have the ability to prioritize. You can handle several projects and many different tasks in an organized way.
- You know how to communicate ideas and opinions, and you can navigate and align multiple stakeholders.
- You are comfortable and confident in a client-facing role.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English.
In The Pocket is organised in autonomous teams consisting of developers, designers and product managers. By being part of one and the same team, they can develop a product from start to finish. Because every team carries responsibility, working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. We rely on trust and openness, and sharing our learning curve. At In The Pocket there’s time to experiment and budget to develop yourself. In the last years, you could find our developers at WWDC, Google I/O, ReactEurope... If you’d like to know more about our perks, take a look at this page.
On a personal level we are looking for a colleague who shares our values.
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. We share our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle, it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving is in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to move forward.
- Team: As individuals we are bright and talented, as a team we’re unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire our colleagues to do their best work.