As a Product designer you connect product strategy to product execution. You enjoy solving complex digital challenges and can drive a creative and collaborative approach to product development. Your ultimate goal is to boost usability and effectiveness through designs that look and work just great. You never take your eyes off the end user, because you know they are the ones who define the success of your work. Product Designers at In The Pocket work in cross-functional, customer-oriented product teams. Day-to-day you will work closely with Product Managers, Software Engineers, QA Engineers and Strategists to create digital products that make people happy and businesses grow.
Provide best-in-class product design
- Solve customer problems through thoughtful and elegant user experience design.
- Translate visions for digital products, platforms and services into compelling UI.
- Present your work to the client in well-crafted deliverables such as wireframes, clickable prototypes or concept presentations.
- Use an analytical mindset and critical thinking to validate/test and lead to user-centered solutions.
- Document detailed interaction models, UI specifications and visual language to ensure design consistency.
See the bigger picture
- However, you understand that great UX is the result of far more than just great interaction or visual design.
- You start from the Why (i.e. business objectives and user needs), and critically reflect on the best path towards success.
- You can present concepts in a compelling strategic narrative (vs. as a loose collection of features).
- You have affinity with user research, service design, business design, platform-thinking.
- Given that you will be working with leading companies on key strategic challenges, you demonstrate a high degree of ownership and responsibility.
- A strong and passionate advocate for users and their needs; with the ability to champion product quality and experience design.
- Communicate your ideas, opinions and design decisions to ensure a successful outcome.
- Do not shy away from uncertainty, but can design a process or workshop to provide that clarity.
- Be self-managed and coordinate collaboration with the project team to make sure your designs get translated into the actual product
- Participate in growing our design practice by keeping your eyes open for important evolutions in our sector and sharing ideas to translate it to our projects
- Actively contribute to the growth and development needs of peers across the design function (including mentoring as appropriate)
- In our team we work by the 4 eye principle, you will always work in pairs sometimes in the lead or as a support on projects.
- 3-5 years of experience in Digital Product Design or UX/UI Design.
- A good understanding of research methods and discovery practices
- You express yourself, your ideas and your work fluently in Dutch and English.
- Skilled in working with common design tools (Figma, Sketch ...) ,prototyping tools (Principle ...) and user testing tools ( Useberry, maze, ... ).
- Knowing how to work in a scaleable atomic design process.
- Strong communication and presentations skills.
- Ability to prioritise. You can handle several projects and many different tasks in an organised way.
- A fresh and innovative look on the future of digital design and desire to continually learn, experiment and develop your skill set (both hard and soft skills) to grow and evolve as a designer.
- You understand end-users are diverse and know how to design for inclusion.
- Knowledge or experience with Agile development processes is considered a plus.
- Knowledge or experience with Frontend technologies like web, react is considered a plus.
- Strategic mindset is a plus
- Handeling Brand strategy is a plus
On a personal level we are looking for a colleague who shares our values:
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. Weshare our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle, it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving is in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to move forward.
- Team: As individuals we are bright and talented, as a team we’re unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire ourcolleagues to do their best work.