Are you thrilled about all things digital? Do you have a technical background and experience in a leadership position. Then this job as team lead will sound most appealing to you.
As a team lead, you head up an autonomous, cross-functional team. You are in charge of planning and delivery of the digital products entrusted to your team while bringing out the best in your team members. At the end of the day, you are responsible for the performance of your team
- Ensure the team's agility
- Together with the team you agree on an agile development methodology that will be used
- You facilitate the use of this methodology and make sure the team gets better at it
- Planning, execution & delivery
- Working closely with the account manager and the client, you own both resource and release planning
- You ensure predictability and avoid under- or overcommitting
- You are accountable for the delivery of your team
- You are the first point of contact for all questions regarding the progress of products under your care (both internal & external)
- Help the team ship, for example by removing impediments, getting timely decisions, answering any questions the team has about the product
- You manage risks
- People Management
- Inspire your team, make sure everyone is happy and trusts you
- Follow up team members, motivate them, protect them and if necessary, address them
- Evaluate the team members, set mutual goals based on individual needs and follow up on their progress
- Approve or decline holidays. Ensure there is always continuity within your team.
- Stay in close contact with team talent regarding recruitment
- Contribute to the team's continuous improvement
- Lead the way
- You make sure that the team's actions correspond with our mission and values
- You make sure that the team is self-organising and always improving
- We expect you to have a previous leadership experience in a digital environment (agency, IT, startup...)
- You come from a technical background. We want you to demonstrate affinity with and real passion for software development.
- Your communication skills are excellent. This means talking, writing and listening (not necessarily in that order). Preferably in 2 or 3 languages (NL / EN / FR).
- You have a knack for tact and know when to use the stick or the carrot.
- You are passionate about all things digital, including strategy.
- People skills come natural to you.
- You are organized and composed, also when working under pressure
- You think in terms of solutions, never in terms of problems
- Agility has very few secrets for you
Do you recognize yourself in the above? Then we look forward meeting you!
On a personal level we are looking for a colleague who shares our values.
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. We share our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle, it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving is in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to move forward.
- Team: As individuals we are bright and talented, as a team we’re unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire our colleagues to do their best work.