Do you have mobile blood pumping through your veins? Does it excite you to translate product requirements into mobile apps and secure a place in the App Store top 5? Well, better keep reading because we’re looking for a React Native Mobile Developer to fortify our team.
In your role as a React Native Mobile Developer, you’ll get to work with top-notch mobile developers, be part of a multidisciplinary team and take up an active role in creating some of the best mobile applications. Do you have the knowledge and the right mindset to raise our mobile development to the next level? Let us know! We’re thrilled to meet you.
- As part of the team, you’ll contribute to the continuous development of the products that are in the care of your team.
- Day to day you'll develop new user stories, fix bugs, create & review pull requests, document your work (code comments, readme, confluence,..), perform research, make suggestions for product improvements and communicate clearly about your progress.
- Together with your colleagues, you’ll make sure the product meets all functional and non-functional requirements.
- As an engineer, you understand that producing clean, readable and testable code is always a priority.
- Excellent knowledge of React & React Native (or eagerness to learn).
- Able to write well-documented and clean Typescript code. Affinity with maintaining and evolving a codebase to nourish high-quality code.
- Familiar with state management: Redux, Redux Saga, Apollo, etc.
- Able to consume a GraphQL or REST API. Being able to contribute to the codebase of a REST or GraphQL API is a huge plus.
- Familiar with writing tests for your application: Jest unit tests, component tests with react-test-renderer or testing-library/react. Knowledge of E2E testing with Detox, Appium etc. is a plus.
- Knowing how to make your app accessible to all users (screen readers, devices with reduced motion or transparency) is a very welcome addition.
- Familiar with one or more CI/CD environments: Jenkins, Gitlab, Github, etc. Knowing your way around Fastlane to build & deploy your app comes in handy.
- Having the knowledge required to write native modules in Obj-C/Swift or Java/Kotlin is an asset.
- Having a background in native iOS and/or Android development is a big plus (e.g. experience with Xcode, Gradle, Android Studio)
In The Pocket is organized in autonomous teams consisting of developers, designers and product managers. By being part of one and the same team, they can develop a product from start to finish. Because every team carries responsibility, working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. We rely on trust and openness and sharing our learning curve. At In The Pocket there’s time to experiment and budget to develop yourself.
On a personal level, we are looking for a colleague who shares our values.
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. We share our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle, it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving is in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to move forward.
- Team: As individuals we are bright and talented, as a team we’re unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire our colleagues to do their best work.