We’re looking for a strategic, yet hands-on VP Sales & Marketing to lead our Sales & Marketing efforts and team. You’ll further grow our Sales & Marketing organization towards a lean, world-class Sales & Marketing organization. The role offers a high degree of autonomy and requires a hands-on spirit to make it happen.
Own and execute a commercial vision
- As an important member of the company’s management team you’ll need to be able to own and execute a commercial vision. This means finetuning & executing commercial aspirations, identifying where to play, how to win, what capabilities we’ll need to do so & how we’ll measure success.
Explore new opportunities with existing clients & new leads
- You are able to shape opportunities for existing and new clients, by inspiring and energizing them. You’re out there, meeting people and getting them excited about In The Pocket.
Lead & guide both the sales & marketing team towards high performance
- You lead & guide a growing team of Sales & Marketing experts towards performance. In order to have the right impact you’ll be actively engaged in translating clients’ challenges into tailor made proposals, leveraging your seniority and expertise during this journey. Next to achieving results, ie. sealing profitable deals, you’re aiming for a high performing team, a succesful, highly motivated & close-knit group that wants to go the extra mile. Together with the team you’ll grow our business in existing and new markets. Taking into account our bold (international) growth aspirations, International Business Development experience is an asset.
Craft compelling value propositions that drive business for both the client & In The Pocket
- You breathe “consultative selling”. Since we inspire, guide and tackle problems for our prospective clients it’s vital that you’re driven to deliver strategic advice, build amazing digital products and help return the investment for your clients. You’ll be instrumental in exploring opportunities with new top tier clients. In order to properly do so, you’ll need to understand the business challenges (blue chip) companies have and are able to navigate complex technical organizations.
Monitor, analyze and improve sales & marketing activities against commercial objectives and report to the management team & Board
- You’re an analytical thinker and experienced with (or at least feel comfortable about) commercial reporting towards our Management Team and Board. You thoroughly follow-up commercial reporting and monitor, analyze and improve sales & marketing activities against commercial objectives & results (sales funnel metrics,, ROI of in & outbound efforts,...).
Understand how the digital market is evolving, both locally and internationally
- In order to be recognized as a truly trusted advisor you’ll need to understand how the digital market is evolving. Remaining up to date on best practices & evolutions will guarantee you are a trustworthy partner for our clients.
- You have at least 7 years experience in sales or as a management consultant preferably within a studio or agency environment. In this role, you have a proven expertise in consultative / solution selling preferably for application development or software services
- We expect you to have a minimum of 3 years experience in coaching and leading teams, with a proven ability to nurture and develop talent
- Experience in negotiating complex deals. Experience with contractual terms and conditions, contract reviews, contract negotiations and contract/risk management
- You understand how decision makers in blue chip companies think
- You have excellent communication & negotiation skills
- You're fluent in Dutch & English (oral and written)
- You're able to prioritize and handle different tasks
- The highest professional standards
- Public speaking skills
- You’re an assertive closer, you seal the deal
- Self-motivation work both individually and as a great teammate
- Energy, focus and the will to achieve
- A positive attitude & plenty of initiative
In The Pocket is organised in autonomous teams consisting of developers, designers and product managers. By being part of one and the same team, they can develop a product from start to finish. Because every team carries responsibility, working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. We rely on trust and openness, and sharing our learning curve. At In The Pocket there’s time to experiment and budget to develop yourself.
On a personal level we are looking for a colleague who shares our values.
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. Weshare our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle,it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving is in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to move forward.
- Team: As individuals we are bright and talented, as a team we’re unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire our colleagues to do their best work.