As a Strategist at In The Pocket, you create the long-term vision for new and existing clients through actionable recommendations.
With your expertise in Business Design, these strategies have a strong emphasis on improving existing or exploring new digital business opportunities for the clients we work with.
Clearly define challenges and objectives
- You have an analytical mindset and can quickly grasp how a company or industry works and what its challenges are.
- You distill a client’s general intentions and ambitions from an intake meeting by listening to their needs and asking the right questions.
- You facilitate workshops to uncover and define the fundamental business objectives and customer expectations.
See the bigger picture
- You map out the entire digital ecosystem for a business, often spanning different actors and touch points.
- You create the blueprint for a digital service or platform, looking at front stage interactions and behind the scenes processes.
- You can prioritise an ambitious Vision into a phased and actionable roadmap.
- You are an energetic speaker that can actively explain the ‘reason why’, to the entire team (both internal and external). You safeguard the strategic vision.
- You are capable of outlining and coordinating a workshop or project plan to make sure we bring clarity to our client.
- You feel confident in a client-facing role. You have a presence in a group, and can thoughtfully navigate tense board room situations.
Grow our Business Strategic offering
- You have a solid understanding of digital strategy and UX, and a special interest in technology, but you bring a complimentary business angle to our team.
- You understand how companies and their different revenue and operational models work.
- You are capable of uncovering market needs (e.g. through segmentation) and identifying business opportunities.
- You design the corresponding value proposition and validate it with target customers.
- You create the accompanying business model around said solutions.
- You are eager to spread this skillset among colleagues and create new services around it.
- You have a minimum of 3-5 years of working experience in digital consultancy or business analysis.
- You have thorough understanding of business strategy, business modeling, ...
Affinity with service design, design thinking and other relevant strategic frameworks, enterprise architecture (e.g. CRM, ERP, ...) is a plus.
- You can express yourself, your ideas and your work fluently in Dutch and English. French is une plus.
- You can handle several projects and many different tasks in an organised way.
- You love Sharpie pens, and love expressing your ideas through clever triangles and Venn diagrams.
On a personal level we are looking for a colleague who shares our values.
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. We share our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle, it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving is in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to move forward.
- Team: As individuals we are bright and talented, as a team we’re unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire our colleagues to do their best work