The solution architect is in charge of the integrations between subsystems of a product. He will start mapping out the requirements and will propose a high level architecture for the product and define all subsystems. Together with the system architects he will decide on the used technology in these subsystems and will follow up on the integration between all involved teams.
- You ensure your tribe delivers sound technical solutions that meet both the functional as well as the non-functional requirements.
- Make sure that the projects in your tribe have a clear vision and technical roadmap.
- Create and control the architecture between different frontend and backend projects.
- Take the lead in the integration between different projects in your tribe.
- Ensure that sector knowledge is documented and shared with the team.
- Assist and inspire your sales colleagues during pre-sales.
- Able to create technical proof of concepts.
- Master in Informatics or Master in Computer Science (or related).
- At least 2 years of experience in software architecture.
- At least 5 years of experience in software engineering.
- Knowledge of multiple technologies: mobile, web, cloud, databases, queue's, APIs & communication, security, and common out of the box solutions.
- Excellent knowledge of common protocols and technologies, such as HTTP, REST, JSON, XML, OAuth, SQL, WS, MQTT, ...
- Architectural patterns: microservices, ESB, ...
- Proven experience with common software engineering practices (Continuous integration, continuous delivery, devops, SDLC,... ) and architecture modelling practices (UML, EER, Swagger... ).
- Understand security requirements and the impact on the architecture and codebase.
- You’re always keen to learn new things, share your knowledge, embrace change and learn from past experiences.
- You’re able to work in a team and are always open for feedback from your team mates.
- You have an affinity with product design and engineering top-notch digital products.
- You’re able to handle the pressure and flexibility of a dynamic company.
In The Pocket is organised in autonomous teams consisting of developers, designers and product managers. By being part of one and the same team, they can develop a product from start to finish. Because every team carries responsibility, working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. We rely on trust and openness, and sharing our learning curve. At In The Pocket there’s time to experiment and budget to develop yourself.
On a personal level we are looking for a colleague who shares our values.
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. Weshare our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle,it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving is in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to move forward.
- Team: As individuals we are bright and talented, as a team we’re unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire our colleagues to do their best work.