As a tribe lead, you lead and manage an autonomous, cross-functional tribe. A tribe at In The Pocket is a team of teams, consisting of 30 to 40 people. You take charge of planning and delivery of complex digital products entrusted to your tribe while bringing out the best in your tribe members. At the end of the day, you are accountable for the tribe's performance.
Planning, execution & delivery
- The products entrusted to your tribe are highly complex and are business-critical for our clients. Flawless delivery of these products is critical for our business.
- Through agile planning, you continuously strive to find the right balance:
- between business & hiring
- between client work & internal work
- You are accountable for delivery of your tribe. If clients in your tribe have any worries about the product we're building, you're the person they address with their concerns.
- Help the tribe ship, for example by removing impediments, identifying bottlenecks, interfacing with ITP's support teams and leadership,...
- Leadership starts with developing a vision but does not stop there. A good leader gets people to adopt that vision and leads them in executing on it.
- You agree on a tribe mission with In The Pocket's management team and lead your tribe in the execution of that mission.
- You have 3 to 4 autonomous teams in your tribe to help you realize that mission and vision.
- You guard the balance between bureaucracy and chaos, making sure your teams can work as efficiently as possible.
- Follow up the team leads in the tribe, motivate them, help them reach the maximum of their potential and if necessary, address them
- Help the teams in your tribe and their members to continuously improve both their capabilities and their way of working
- Partner with our talent department to ensure your tribe has all the right people to successfully carry out its mandate
Customer success and business development
- Through successful delivery and tailored communication you maximise customer success and minimise churn in close collaboration with ITP's client partners
- Your commercial skills help our business development teams to close new business
- Minimum 2 years leadership experience within a software development environment
- Solid background in software product development and agile delivery
- The ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders at senior management levels is key to success in this role
- Your communication skills are excellent. This means talking, writing and listening (not necessarily in that order)
- You are passionate about all things digital, including strategy
- You are organised and composed, also when working under pressure
- You think in terms of solutions, never in terms of problems
- Agility has very few secrets for you
Do you recognise yourself in the above? Then we look forward meeting you!
On a personal level we are looking for a colleague who shares our values.
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. We share our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle, it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving is in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to move forward.
- Team: As individuals we are bright and talented, as a team we’re unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire our colleagues to do their best work.