According to research firm Gartner, Augmented Reality is one of the most relevant emerging technologies. We totally agree, so that’s why a few years ago we launched a team focusing on Augmented Reality. In the last months, they worked for clients such as Telenet and Aéroports de Paris. We’re looking for an Augmented Reality Engineer who wants to join In The Pocket!
Since we launched in 2010, In The Pocket has grown into a company with more than 100 strategists, developers, designers and product managers who love to create digital products. Millions of people use our products when they pay with their smartphone by scanning QR codes, watch online television or read their newspaper.
But enough about us, let’s talk about you. The Augmented Reality Engineer we’re looking for, will help us developing and maintaining world-class digital products in the AR and VR space.
Translating product requirements to elegant solutions:
You translate product requirements into elegant and robust implementations using the best technology available.
You make informed choices about software architecture, platforms and frameworks to arrive at the best possible solution.
You write clear code that is built to last and that can be understood and maintained by your teammates.
You are diligent about applying our software development processes regarding version control, branching, code reviews and continuous integration.
Finding creative solutions to problems in the AR space:
- You approach challenging engineering problems with motivation, creativity and open-mindedness.
- You analyse application performance, identify and eliminate bottlenecks and other inefficiencies.
- You keep up with the state of the art in AR/VR and strive to match or exceed the best solutions out there in everything you make.
- Strong background in AR/VR application or game development with Unity
- Extensive experience with Unity API's, best practices and tooling
- Experience with ARKit, ARCore, Microsoft HoloLens or related technologies
- Willing to innovate and solve difficult problems in the AR space
- Experience with computer vision, machine learning or mobile app development is a plus
Do you have any questions (about the tech stack we’re using, for instance) or doubts if you’re the right person for the job, you can always send a mail to our AR Lead Kenny.
In The Pocket is organised in autonomous teams consisting of developers, designers and product managers. By being part of one and the same team, they can develop a product from start to finish. Because every team carries responsibility, working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. We rely on trust and openness, and sharing our learning curve. At In The Pocket there’s time to experiment and budget to develop yourself. In the last years, you could find our developers at WWDC, Google I/O, ReactEurope... If you’d like to know more about our perks, take a look at this page.
Interested in becoming our Augmented Reality Engineer? Apply below!