Augmented Reality is no longer a gimmick; it's here to stay and destined to become one of the cornerstones of our digital future. In The Pocket has already been pushing the boundaries of what AR can deliver with clients like Telenet, Aéroports de Paris, Barco and Woody. Now we're looking for an experienced developer to help take our AR team to the next level.
Finding creative solutions to problems in the AR space:
- You keep up with the state of the art and strive to match or exceed the best solutions out there in everything you make.
- You approach challenging engineering problems with motivation, creativity and open-mindedness.
- You gladly step out of your comfort zone to discover new approaches and solutions to solve a particular challenge.
Translating product requirements to elegant solutions:
- You translate product requirements into elegant and robust implementations using the best technology available.
- You write clear code that is built to last and that can be understood and maintained by your teammates.
- You are diligent about applying our software development processes regarding version control, branching, code reviews and continuous integration.
Support the growth of our team:
- You share your knowledge and experience with the team through code reviews, collaboration and open communication.
- You support business development by building prototypes and proof-of-concepts that make waves and get people talking.
- You identify opportunities to improve the way we work, collaborate and deliver AR products as a team.
- 3+ years of professional development experience with Unity or a similar XR development framework.
- Experience building products with ARKit, ARCore, HMD's like Hololens and Magic Leap, WebXR or related technologies.
- Solid grasp of modern software development practices, platforms and tools.
- Comfortable working with vector and matrix math in a 3D context.
- Experience with computer vision and/or machine learning is a plus.
In The Pocket is organised in autonomous teams consisting of developers, designers and product managers. By being part of one and the same team, they can develop a product from start to finish. Because every team carries responsibility, working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. We rely on trust and openness, and sharing our learning curve. At In The Pocket there’s time to experiment and budget to develop yourself.
On a personal level we are looking for a colleague who shares our values.
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. Weshare our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle,it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving is in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to move forward.
- Team: As individuals we are bright and talented, as a team we’re unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire our colleagues to do their best work.