As a backend developer, you will join our IT team to implement the applications required for the simulation, prediction and monitoring of the EBIOS.
You have a passion for code and programming, you generalize concepts quickly, understand how users will use/abuse your apps. You have the hacker mindset for problem solving and are always eager to learn more.
A good candidate will have excellent skills in software development (Python and / or Go) and professional experience in deploying applications’ backend in production (Docker, SQL / NoSQL, gRPC, REST API, Cloud environment, etc.). A background in data engineering (Kafka, Spark / Hadoop) and IoT development will be a real plus.
You will develop the backend services required for the monitoring of the station (Station Control Panel) with ECLSS (Environment Control and Life Support System) team to develop prediction and simulation tools. You will also contribute to the implementation of the data pipelines to collect and distribute the data coming from the sensors.
- Development of the applications backend
- Deployment in a production environment
- Implementation of the prediction and simulation tools in collaboration with other teams (Embedded/Software/AI)
- 2+ years of experience in backend development
- Excellent skills in Python and / or Go language
- Good knowledge of gRPC framework
- Good knowledge of databases SQL and / or NoSQL
- Familiarity with web servers (e.g. Nginx, Apache)
- Unix environment and shell scripting
- Git workflow is your day to day life
- Experience in cloud development
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in IoT and event streaming platform like Kafka
- Experience in sensors data acquisition
- Experience in Big Data (Apache Spark / Hadoop)
In Paris (France) or Los Angeles (United States)