At Interstellar Lab our mission is to build a future full of life, on Earth and beyond. We believe in a future where technology is enabling humans to live in harmony with nature, a future where biodiversity thrives and expands, a future where terrestrial life become multi-planetary.
To build this future, we design, manufacture and operate controlled-environment biofarms that unleash the power of plants. On Earth and in Space. Our solutions combine Hardware, AI and Bioscience. We use controlled-environment technology to mimic a multitude of conditions to allow plants, fungi and microorganisms to grow faster and better.
On Earth, we are pioneering molecular and bio-farming, boosting production of nutrients, metabolites and bioactive compounds in plants while providing a sustainable and safe source of plant materials. Our customers are large beauty, perfume, natural ingredients, food&beverage and neutraceuticals companies.
To advance space exploration, we work with space agencies and private companies and provide them bio-farming units to grow efficiently food for astronaut and/or conduct research on impact of microgravity on plant molecular composition.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a highly motivated, “hands-on” individual to join our Mechanical Assembly Team for the assembly of a new generation of Biopods. The role includes mechanical assembly of machine components, hydraulic components, HVAC components, interpreting mechanical drawings and pneumatic schematics, machining of parts, machine mechanical start-up, testing and debug.
- Assembly of machine, hydraulic and HVAC components with some machining of parts as required
- Reading and interpreting mechanical drawings assembly drawings and detail component drawings
- Mechanical systems testing and debug, systems commissioning
- Installation and troubleshooting of machines on-site
- Troubleshoot mechanical issues, report, repair and/or correct the issues with minimal supervision
- Other duties as assigned
- College Degree or Certificate in Mechanical Technology, Toolmaking or Machining, Millwright, completed apprenticeship, or equivalent
- 5+ years of proven experience in assembly of custom automated machinery or other precision mechanical assembly is a strong plus
- Ability to read & interpret engineering drawings, mechanical drawings and pneumatic schematics
- Familiar with basic hand tools and basic measuring tools
- Familiar with basic operation of machine shop equipment
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Paris, France
Interstellar Lab is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Interstellar Lab does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.