At Interstellar Lab our mission is to build a future full of life, on Earth and beyond. We believe in a future where technology is enabling humans to live in harmony with nature, a future where biodiversity thrives and expands, a future where terrestrial life become multi-planetary.
To build this future, we design, manufacture and operate controlled-environment biofarms that unleash the power of plants. On Earth and in Space. Our solutions combine Hardware, AI and Bioscience. We use controlled-environment technology to mimic a multitude of conditions to allow plants, fungi and microorganisms to grow faster and better.
On Earth, we are pioneering molecular and bio-farming, boosting production of nutrients, metabolites and bioactive compounds in plants while providing a sustainable and safe source of plant materials. Our customers are large beauty, perfume, natural ingredients, food&beverage and neutraceuticals companies. To advance space exploration, we work with space agencies and private companies and provide them bio-farming units to grow efficiently food for astronaut and/or conduct research on impact of microgravity on plant molecular composition.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As we are accelerating our growth with current deployment of a first BioPod factory and industrialization of products, we are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our dynamic engineering team in Paris. As a Structural Engineer, you will play a crucial role in designing structural elements of our products, from small to large scale, from solid to pneumatic parts, from Earth to Space application. You will also collaborate closely with manufacturers to ensure timely delivery of parts meeting our requirements, specifications and standards.
- Design solid and pneumatic structures for Manufacturing and Assembly, in accordance with the technical requirements, specifications and environmental conditions of our products
- 3D model structures with characterization and validation under static forces
- Run structural analysis (FEA) to validate integrity and durability
- Identify, supervise subcontractors and manufacturers to achieve the best possible product in terms of craftsmanship, cost, and engineering, while also staying as close to the design vision as possible
- Monitor manufacturing, validate process, quality and installation
- Maintain and advance best practices for computer-aided design, parametric design, and BIM workflows and methodologies within product development team
- Bachelors of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering or other related discipline
- 5+ years professional experience in structural engineering in a production environment
- 5+ years professional digital modeling experience with a 3D modeling tool/platform
- Ability to generate FEM/analytical models of mechanical parts, modules, and assemblies
- Ability to perform classical analysis using industry standard methods
- Fluency in French and English is required
- 3DExperience - Catia
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) tools such as Abaqus (Simulia) or ANSYS
- Paris, France