At Interstellar Lab our mission is to build a future full of life, on Earth and beyond. We believe in a future where technology is enabling humans to live in harmony with nature, a future where biodiversity thrives and expands, a future where terrestrial life become multi-planetary.
To build this future, we design, manufacture and operate controlled-environment biofarms that unleash the power of plants. On Earth and in Space. Our solutions combine Hardware, AI and Bioscience. We use controlled-environment technology to mimic a multitude of conditions to allow plants, fungi and microorganisms to grow faster and better.
On Earth, we are pioneering biofarming at scale, boosting production of bioactive compounds and providing a sustainable and safe source of plant materials. In Space, we provide farming units to grow efficiently food for astronaut while accelerating plant research in microgravity.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Senior Plant Scientist to contribute to our plant secondary metabolite research program. The successful candidate will play a key role in developing strategies to enhance target compounds content in crops through controlled-environment agriculture (CEA).
- Design and implement experiments to analyze the impact of environmental conditions on the production of target compounds in various crops.
- Develop and implement strategies to augment target compounds content in crops.
- Support the use of advanced analytical techniques to assess the quality and quantity of plant secondary metabolites.
- Challenge research approaches and results with high scientific rigor.
- Implement strong data capture, evaluation, and analysis including statistical analysis, documentation.
- Interpret and communicate research findings to internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Ph.D. in Crop Science, Plant Biology, Agronomy, or a related field
- Proven experience in researching plant secondary metabolites and manipulating environmental conditions to enhance target compounds content.
- Collaborative and team-focused with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong background in experimental design, data analysis, and interpretation of results.
- Excellent prioritization skills, self-motivated, and proactive.
- Strong Communication skills in English (verbal, written) with the ability to communicate at different levels and audience types.