At Interstellar Lab our mission is to build a future full of life, on Earth and beyond. We believe in a future where technology is enabling humans to live in harmony with nature, a future where biodiversity thrives and expands, a future where terrestrial life become multi-planetary.
To build this future, we design, manufacture and operate controlled-environment biofarms that unleash the power of plants. On Earth and in Space. Our solutions combine Hardware, AI and Bioscience. We use controlled-environment technology to mimic a multitude of conditions to allow plants, fungi and microorganisms to grow faster and better.
On Earth, we are pioneering molecular and bio-farming, boosting production of nutrients, metabolites and bioactive compounds in plants while providing a sustainable and safe source of plant materials. Our customers are large beauty, perfume, natural ingredients, food&beverage and neutraceuticals companies.
To advance space exploration, we work with space agencies and private companies and provide them bio-farming units to grow efficiently food for astronaut and/or conduct research on impact of microgravity on plant molecular composition.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As we are accelerating our growth with current deployment of a first BioPod factory, we are looking for highly motivated Lead Manufacturing / Industrial Engineering to lead industrialisation of our next-gen biofarming solutions. As Lead Manufacturing / Industrial Engineering you will implement, develop, and optimize production methodologies for manufacturing and assembly of Biopods. You will be responsible for optimizing product flow though the factory though process optimization and you will interface with design, test, and quality engineering to solve problems, improve manufacturability, and implement continual improvement.
- Lead DFMA in collaboration with VP Product and Lead Engineer
- Analyze and optimize production processes to maximize overall equipment effectiveness while ensuring safety
- Set targets and drive projects to meet those targets from the product conception phase to the production launch
- Implement lean manufacturing approach
- Develop and modify line layouts, key KPIs, such as quality, safety, rate, downtime, and manpower requirement
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement by characterizing and optimizing processes
- Work cross-functionally with other teams to define, qualify and track new processes and all associated work instructions, equipment, tools, materials, and training
- Champion in the maintenance of FMEAs and Control Plans
- Develop specifications to assist in process improvement, including assembly equipment, storage equipment, and standard and specialized line display equipment
- BS Degree in Electrical / Mechanical / Industrial / Material/Manufacturing Engineering or evidence of experience and exceptional ability
- 7+ years of experience in manufacturing / industrial engineering
- Experience in a fast-path environment with tight deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in english
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships
- Paris, France